Re: Alternate Endings

  • catchperfect
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 3 10:09 PM
      Ah, I'm just starting to learn that there are so many unsatisfactory
      or unresolved endings as I dive deeper into the lovely world of Yuri!

      I just finished the Read Or Dream (ROD) manga and while the focus
      seemed to be on Anita and Hisa, my favorite storyline was actually
      Maggie and Fay, the girl who was dying of brain decay and needed
      surgery (though she is adamantly against surgery), which was in Vol.
      1. Did people read this? I don't know, so I'll drop down a bit in case
      there are those who didn't read this:

      SPOILER>>>

      SPOILER>>>>>

      Basically Maggie encourages Fay to go ahead and not be afraid and get
      the surgery. Maggie reads a book aloud to Fay - it's rather touching.
      Fay says, "I was going to ask for a kiss, too..." And of course,
      Maggie blushes, Fay says she'll wait for that kiss after she gets her
      operation. And then in the next panel, Fay's head is wrapped up, she's
      smiling and asleep, says Thank You.

      But...where's the kiss when Fay returns? Does she ever return? NO! In
      the next volumes, she never appears again.

      So...My ending is super basic: Fay returns from her operation, Maggie
      tends to her as she recuperates and there's a fabulous kiss. It's all
      I want, folks.

      > So much of anime and manga ends in a way that is, to us Yuri fans,
      > unsatisfactory. (Insert my usual caution about managing expectations
      > or risking disappointment, here. ;-) )
      >
      > For whatever reason, many of you expected a different ending for
      > Aria, for Utena, for Mai HiME, etc. So, at the risk of being
      > spoilery, let's rewrite the endings.
      >
      > For instance, if *I* had written the end of Aria, Alicia, Akira and
      > Athena would have left their respective comapnies and opened up a
      > new company together. Akira and Alicia would be sharing one room and
      > Athena would have the other.
      >
      > Clearly a much more sensible ending that the one we got. lol
      >
      > So - pick a series you enjoyed and tell us how it really ended!

      > Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
      > http://okazu.blogspot.com

    • Ellen Kuhfeld
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 4 6:27 AM
        Message
         Alternate endings? That's why people write fanfic - so they can give the people they love the story they deserve.
        Ellen Rose
      • samantha luquin
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 6 9:36 PM

          I've never really been one to question endings no matter how much I hated them. Something horrid could happen and I'd accept unhappily. There is one exception to this, though it isn't really yuri and it isn't really manga or anime.  The Fire Emblem games are chock full of characters and conversations called supports which naturally of course lead to a very wide pairing fan base. Some characters even get special endings together!

          There are two characters in the seventh game that I like to pair up, Lyn and Florina. Sadly even with supports they go their seperate ways and the lands of Sacae and Illia (where they live) are destroyed by Bern. So if I could change this in some way they'd be living together...somewhere. Possibly Sacae...but they'd die. Ok, new plan. They live together in Caelin, the end. Yes that would work nicely.

          -Samantha
          .

        • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 7 2:46 PM
            "Meet Pam Akumachi, an energetic 13-year-old junior high student who has just turned into ...a little devil! One day, when Pam and her friends try to summon the "benign devil," the magic circle goes out of control and Pam is transported to a strange pararell world where angels and devils reside in an uneasy coexistence."

            It's pretty much devil in training and angel fall in love.

          • Alkmaion
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 10 7:03 AM
              Gals!: Ran Kotobuki decides NOT to become a policewomen, but a lawyer
              instead...specializing on civil rights(suing the police for harassment).
              together with her girlfriend Aya Hoshino

              > So - pick a series you enjoyed and tell us how it really ended!

            • Kumiko Yamazaki
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 11 2:15 AM
                Okay..if we're going that way...

                Candice White Audrey realizes that she's NEVER gonna get anywhere with boys and runs off with Annie and Patty to run their own small hospital in a small town.  And at night, they do lots of friendship bonding. *^^*

                Hhmm...not that good?  How about Sakura Wars...forget who ends up wiht the boy!  Let the french girl or the Russian have him...I want Sakura/Sumire!!! o.o I could picture them running away into the sunset, arguing until bed time... :)

                Ok...I be quiet now.  ^^

                Kumi-chan.

                On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Alkmaion <minyer@...> wrote:
                Gals!: Ran Kotobuki decides NOT to become a policewomen, but a lawyer
                instead...specializing on civil rights(suing the police for harassment).
                together with her girlfriend Aya Hoshino

                > So - pick a series you enjoyed and tell us how it really ended!

                <*> Your email settings:
                   Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                   (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                   mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com

                   http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                " We are many Buddy, they are few.
                They'll tell you lies to make you doubt your fellow man.
                Like cats and mice just can't get along.
                It suits the bosses, Buddy, and it serves them fine.
                Cause it keeps us working folks from being strong."

                Lefty, "My Name is Buddy" from Ry Cooder.
              • Laquandus Marion
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 11 7:07 AM
                  Kazumi survive and both her and Jun living happily ever after
                  Jo survive the explosion and with Meg making a better team

                  It kind my stupid fanboy fantasy

                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Kumiko Yamazaki" <pretty.cure@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Okay..if we're going that way...
                  >
                  > Candice White Audrey realizes that she's NEVER gonna get anywhere
                  with boys
                  > and runs off with Annie and Patty to run their own small hospital
                  in a small
                  > town. And at night, they do lots of friendship bonding. *^^*
                  >
                  > Hhmm...not that good? How about Sakura Wars...forget who ends up
                  wiht the
                  > boy! Let the french girl or the Russian have him...I want
                  Sakura/Sumire!!!
                  > o.o I could picture them running away into the sunset, arguing
                  until bed
                  > time... :)
                  >
                  > Ok...I be quiet now. ^^
                  >
                  > Kumi-chan.
                  >

                  > On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Alkmaion <minyer@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Gals!: Ran Kotobuki decides NOT to become a policewomen, but a
                  lawyer
                  > > instead...specializing on civil rights(suing the police for
                  harassment).
                  > > together with her girlfriend Aya Hoshino
                  > >

                  > > > So - pick a series you enjoyed and tell us how it really ended!
                  > > >
                  > > > Cheers,
                  > > >
                  > > > Erica

                  > --
                  > " We are many Buddy, they are few.
                  > They'll tell you lies to make you doubt your fellow man.
                  > Like cats and mice just can't get along.
                  > It suits the bosses, Buddy, and it serves them fine.
                  > Cause it keeps us working folks from being strong."
                  >
                  > Lefty, "My Name is Buddy" from Ry Cooder.

                • BlackSkaven
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 12 8:47 AM
                    Andi, Andi Spring, Spring wrote:

                    > "Meet Pam Akumachi, an energetic 13-year-old junior high student who has
                    > just turned into ...a little devil! One day, when Pam and her friends
                    > try to summon the "benign devil," the magic circle goes out of control
                    > and Pam is transported to a strange pararell world where angels and
                    > devils reside in an uneasy coexistence."

                    > It's pretty much devil in training and angel fall in love.

                    The series caught my interest since when it has first been listed in
                    Diamond Comics' Previews. No scan was to be found - so I hesitated to
                    buy just on a tiny cover picture. Well - then someone posted an image
                    from the last chapter that persuaded me. ^^;
                    I bought all 5 volumes and I CERTAINLY don't regret it.
                    Nice story, nice artwork and of course NICE YURI. ^^
                    Read it within a day.

                    The artist's page is here:
                    http://hanginthere.cool.ne.jp

                    BlackSkaven
                  • ingenue183
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 21 3:25 AM
                      hmmm... for me it'd be

                      AZUMANGA DAIOH: THE UNIVERSITY YEARS - where Sasaki and Kaorin
                      "accidentally" meet up at uni when Sasaki joins the equestrian club
                      and loses control of her white horse and crashes into Kaorin. They
                      bond in hospital and have lots of cute stuffed and real animals
                      together forever :) heh heh.