Not Really That Yuri: Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together.

  • Robert Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2008
      Just a little something I got from this comic book series: early in
      the latest volume of the chronicles of unemployed 23-year-old slacker
      Scott Pilgrim, all of a sudden, and apropos of nothing, we see Scott's
      two ex-girlfriends, Kim Pine and Knives Chau, drunk and making out in
      one panel following a bit campfire beach party with lots of alcohol.

      This is kinda funny because there's no real warning of this -- Kim is
      basically apathetic about everything, and Knives is still madly in
      love with Scott -- and then we see the words "Let us never speak of
      this again", and they don't, and it's just like it never really happened.

      However, it turns out that the evil ex-boyfriend of Scott's current
      girlfriend Ramona that he has to face in this volume is in fact, one
      great big fat EPL: Roxananne Richter! And yeah, she's a half-ninja
      who's got a sword and taught Romana everything he knows, so Scott
      actually gets a tough fight!

      Apart from Roxanne, this isn't much cop as yuri, but it's still worth
      checking out.