Re: Burst Angel

  • Mitchell Gilks
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 29, 2008
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...>
      wrote:

      > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: gilksm@...
      > > Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 00:37:36 +0000
      > > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Burst Angel
      > >
      > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" wrote:
      > >>
      > >> --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "juntima_be" wrote:
      > >>>
      > >If that kind of charm doesn't appeal to viewers then of
      > > course
      > >> not everyone will like it (I'm aware of other reasons for
      disliking
      > >> it, but regardless)--Pachy
      > >>

      > > I don't understand how anyone could like it.
      >
      > Well, probably because other people are not you and therefore have
      different criteria.

      > It's okay to not like a series. It's not so okay to berate folks
      for liking it.

      > I quite liked the manga, and I definitely wish that anime were as
      good, but there's way worse than Bakuretsu Tenshi when it comes to
      formulaic action stories.

      Well now, I thought that I covered that when I explicated that it was
      merely my opinion. Saying that I can't understand someone's
      preferences is hardly berating them. Unless you somehow think that if
      you don't understand something, then it must be wrong, or flawed.
      Though that is clearly nonsense.

      You appear to have a hard time differentiating between insult and
      dissent/disagreement. The latter in no way implies the former.

      Besides, when I said that I didn't understand I was inviting an
      explanation. It would be rude to ask for a reason why someone likes
      something, they might not even know why exactly, and it might give
      the impressive that I am implying that there isn't one.

      Anyway...later.