Re: [Yuricon] Timne for a "Yuri Light Novels" page on the Yuricon Shop?

  • Carrie Robertson
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 15, 2008
      Hai.  Onegai shimasu.

      For students of the language, and for those of us who used to be students of the language, it would be nice to note those novels for which a decent English translation is available.  (And other members of the list should be able to suggest translations in other languages.)  For example, although it's not (officially) yuri, Shimotsuma Monogatari/Kamikaze Girls is available in a really good English translation.  (And besides, how could someone named Shirayuri Ichigo _not_ be Yuri-zoku?  Or at least Shirayuri-zoku!)

      Erica Friedman wrote:

      I'm always looking for ways to expand Yuricon's ability to provide a central place for all things Yuri. The Shop has anime, manga, Drama CDs and gifts. (I'm still waiting for the anime industry to embrace Amazon's Unbox sales, but I'm not holding my breath or anything.)

      Would people be interested if we opened a new page for Light Novels? Heaven knows that there are plenty - not just Marimite and Strawberry Panic. I review what I can on Okazu, but I have dozens more in the house I haven't even touched yet. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I know for a fact that I'm not the only one here addicted to these babies. And since at least two of us would be interested in Mnemosyne, I thought I'd ask.

      If you would be interested in a "Light Novel" page on the shop, let me know!

      (Oh, and if you don't read Japanese and wouldn't use it - it's really okay if you don't weigh in with "Well, I don't read Japanese, so I guess I'd never use it." Otherwise we'll have 20 "No, I can't read Japanese" responses to any one "Yes" and I'll lose what little I have left of my mind.  Thanks. :-)

      http://www.yuricon. org
      Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu: http://okazu. blogspot. com

      "World Shaking" Fanfic - http://www.worldsha king.net
      The Fanfic Revolution - fanficrevolution. blogspot. com