Yuri in anime Devilman Lady

  • Rinu
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2008
      Hi,

      Since some of you have discussed in /Not quite on topic, but I need an
      answer. How do you deal with fanboys?/ what yuri means, I'm wondering
      about anime Devilman Lady. This show, as someone knows, is pretty
      yuriphile. But not everything is so transparent.

      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *

      Do you count an interaction between Asuka
      and Jun as yuri? According to futa
      premise, it isn't. So I am curious about your opinions.

      With kind regards

      Rinu

      PS. Sorry about the blunt introduction, I am not good topic creator.
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 15, 2008
        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: rinucz@...
        > Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 17:12:47 +0100
        > Subject: [Yuricon] Yuri in anime Devilman Lady

        Just some extra spoiler space for the Y!groups dumb function of quoting the first new thing typed.

        > Hi,
        >
        > Since some of you have discussed in /Not quite on topic, but I need an
        > answer. How do you deal with fanboys?/ what yuri means, I'm wondering
        > about anime Devilman Lady. This show, as someone knows, is pretty
        > yuriphile. But not everything is so transparent.
        >
        > *
        > *
        > *
        > *
        > *
        > *
        > *
        >
        > Do you count an interaction between Asuka
        > and Jun as yuri? According to futa
        > premise, it isn't. So I am curious about your opinions.

        Asuka is transgendered, post op, completely female. We see her later in the series in full frontal nude.

        Yes, I consider Asuka and Jun intereaction to be Yuri. Asuka is one of my favorite EPLS ever, because it's not often I can say that a character is an evil, psycho transgendered lesbian from New Jersey. :-) It always makes me happy to be able to say that. lol

        Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailĀ®-get your "fix".
      • Rinu
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 15, 2008
          So my memories are either vague or without references. It's weird since
          whole thing has had such impact on me. Okay, immediately after my
          arrival to another residence I'll find DVDs and check it out. Cool, I
          love when an arguing about yuri forces me to make some efforts. I don't
          even remember when I did it last time. Sorry, I had to reveal my feeling ^^.

          With kind regards

          Rinu