RE: [Yuricon] Re: About.com Yuri interview and Top 10 Yuri manga list

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: gilksm@...
      > Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 17:25:39 +0000
      > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: About.com Yuri interview and Top 10 Yuri manga list
      >

      > As for me, I like fiction that is completely different than reality, I
      > like fantasy especially because with magic and superpowers you can't
      > get any further from reality. I notice you said you liked fiction that
      > relates to your life. I am the complete opposite there.

      No, what I said was that people - especially young people - look for reflections of themselves in media.
      That is why so many GLBT folks comb through media obsessively to pick out even the most questionable
      role model. They just want to know that they aren't alone.

      Personally, I like stories with violent, psychotic lesbians. Whether that is in any way related to my life is up
      to you to decide. :-)