About.com Yuri interview and Top 10 Yuri manga list

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
      Happy Girl's Day! About.com has an interview with me on Yuri:
      http://manga.about.com/od/mangaartistswriters/a/EFriedman.htm

      and my Top 10 Yuri manga list, which I already now disagree with. lol:
      http://manga.about.com/od/recommendedreading/tp/Top10YuriManga.htm

    • gilksm
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008

        > Happy Girl's Day! About.com has an interview with me on Yuri:
        > http://manga.about.com/od/mangaartistswriters/a/EFriedman.htm
        >
        > and my Top 10 Yuri manga list, which I already now disagree with. lol:

        http://manga.about.com/od/recommendedreading/tp/Top10YuriManga.htmCheers
        ,EricaYuricon - "For real women who like their
        women...animated."http://www.yuricon.orgHungry for Yuri? Have some
        Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com"World Shaking" Fanfic -
        http://www.worldshaking.netThe Fanfic Revolution -
        fanficrevolution.blogspot.com
        > Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live.
        > http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?
        ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_sharelife_012008

        Great interview. I learnt a lot about you, and yuricon that I didn't
        know. Just great!

        As for me, I like fiction that is completely different than reality, I
        like fantasy especially because with magic and superpowers you can't
        get any further from reality. I notice you said you liked fiction that
        relates to your life. I am the complete opposite there.

        I do however feel the same desire to write stories because none are
        being told how I want them to be. I'm sure the only difference being
        that I'll really bad at it.

        Cheers.
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: gilksm@...
          > Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 17:25:39 +0000
          > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: About.com Yuri interview and Top 10 Yuri manga list
          >

          > As for me, I like fiction that is completely different than reality, I
          > like fantasy especially because with magic and superpowers you can't
          > get any further from reality. I notice you said you liked fiction that
          > relates to your life. I am the complete opposite there.

          No, what I said was that people - especially young people - look for reflections of themselves in media.
          That is why so many GLBT folks comb through media obsessively to pick out even the most questionable
          role model. They just want to know that they aren't alone.

          Personally, I like stories with violent, psychotic lesbians. Whether that is in any way related to my life is up
          to you to decide. :-)