Okazu Glossary of Yuri Terms

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2008
      There is a certain amount of jingoism involved in any niche interest;
      technical terms, fan slang, nicknames, cultural terms, etc. In the
      case of Yuri manga and anime, we also have a load of Japanese terms to
      deal with. And, as my readers know, I have coined some specific
      shorthand terms of my own.

      So, to provide a topic of discussion, a reference for future posts and
      a way of avoiding having to answer "what does xyz mean?" questions
      over and over, I've pulled out an old glossary we did for Onna! in
      2005, updated and adapted it for Okazu:
      http://okazu.blogspot.com/2008/03/okazu-glossary-of-terms.html

      Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
      http;//okazu.blogspot.com
    • kyouka_mitzrugi
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2008
        I haven't seen you for a long time.
        It is holiday in Japan though May 5 is Monday. "Yuri club" is planned
        in "Comitia" done on this day.
        This is a spot sale association of the creation work.
        The circle that exceeds 100 concerning the yuri plans to participate.
        It is likely to become an event that should be paid attention if there
        is being possible to come to Japan at this time.
        My circle also plans to exhibit.

        Site of Yuribu(in Japanese)
        http://yuribu.net/

        Kyouka
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2008
          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: kyouka_mitz@...
          > Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 00:47:11 +0000
          > Subject: [Yuricon] Yuri club in Comitia
          >
          > I haven't seen you for a long time.
          > It is holiday in Japan though May 5 is Monday. "Yuri club" is planned
          > in "Comitia" done on this day.
          > This is a spot sale association of the creation work.
          > The circle that exceeds 100 concerning the yuri plans to participate.
          > It is likely to become an event that should be paid attention if there
          > is being possible to come to Japan at this time.
          > My circle also plans to exhibit.

          That's very interesting! I will be sure to add this to the Yuri Events page on Yuricon.

          Please tell us how it goes - we'd all be interested to hear about it.

        • kyouka_mitzrugi
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
            As for the event of Yuri, it is.
            It is called Yuribu though it was told Yuri Club.
            (Abhorring is Yuri Club.)

            Comitia is held in Kokusai-tenjijo (It is the same place as Comike) in
            Tokyo on May 5.
            Comitia is a spot sale association of same Dojin as Comike.
            (However, there is no Fansab.)
            The project in Comitia is Yuribu.
            This is a project of collecting circles that treat Yuri in the circle
            that participates in Comitia in the same place.
            The circle that exceeds 100 has done the participation declaration
            before.
            Time is up to 16 o'clock from 11 o'clock.
            It is necessary to buy the catalog for entrance.
            Combination Dojin, the circle catalog, and the panel exhibition are
            planned besides the circle that treats Yuri is concentrated.

            Kyouka