Gunjou by Nakamura Ching

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2008
      So in this past weekend's Okazu Week in Yuri, I posted about a new
      series that I only just learned about - Gunjou, by Nakamura Ching.

      Since I was placing an order from japan anyway, I added the double-
      issue current copy of Morning and last night I read it. Well, wow.

      The story is about a woman (unnamed) and her close friend, (unnamed)
      who is a lesbian. The brunette uses her friend's desire for her to
      get her to kill her husband, then they take to the road.

      The story is full of raw emotion, some violence, and neither of the
      woman are very nice people. The brunette is manipulative and mean,
      the blonde is violent and angry. These are two women with nothing
      left to lose - except that they still do have something to lose and
      they are depserately trying to avoid losing it.

      This is NOT a schoolgirl romance. All of the characters we've met so
      far are unstable and violent. But wow. I really like this story.
      Since this issue of Morning is the 4th and 5th chapter, I hope we'll
      get a tankoubon soon, so I can catch up on (what will undoubtedly be
      a abusive and violent) beginning.

      ... I know I make it sound so appealing, but really, it was quite
      good. And so far a cry from the usual third-rate Marimite parody
      that we've all been existing on. It's like a full course dinner
      after days and days of nothing but cookies. :-)

      ALC Publishing - where the girl always gets the girl
      http://www.yuricon.org/shop/manga.html