Re: Yuri characters with GAR

  • ashura_n
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 9, 2008
      Major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
      definitely comes to mind as a cool aggressive tough character.

      Yuri-wise, I guess I need to watch more.
    • mara_papimer
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 9, 2008
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "ashura_n" <ashura_n@...> wrote:

        > Major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
        > definitely comes to mind as a cool aggressive tough character.

        Not to sound like one is being haughty. But Motoko disqualifies
        herself with her immense maturity and understanding, personified in
        this quote.

        "The mark of an immature man is one who would die for a cause. The
        mark of a mature man is one who would live humbly for one."

        Motoko Kusanagi is in fact an even rearer form of female character.
        One so rare as far as I know we don't really have a buzzword for it.

        A hero who does the 'right thing' yet openly admits to both herself
        and others that her morality is purely her own decision and is just as
        flawed and unfair as everybody else's (or potently). But she doesn't
        care for or need a perfect morality, because she is capable enough to
        know that it is a childish dream.

        Sad then that she seems to be, pretty much the only woman in the GITS
        world with any screen time who isn't a sex doll.

        I still can't believe that no one has mentioned Elle Ragu yet.