RE: [Yuricon] What are your favorite minor characters?

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2008
      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: in_the_name_of_union7@...
      > Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 00:27:07 +0000
      > Subject: [Yuricon] What are your favorite minor characters?
      >
      > Often if you gravitate to any highly specific character niche, as I
      > assume many people on this list do, you end up developing a great
      > amount of affinity for characters that hold very minor roles.

      I'm the queen of that. I typically like characters that no one notices, remembers or cares about. :-) Heck, I like *series* that no one notices, remembers or cares about. lol

      Probably the least obscure supporting character I ever loved was Lucrezia Noin from Gundam Wing. I thought GW was a heap of cow dung until she showed up. Then it was a heap of cow dung with a hottie in a uniform. :-)

      The most obscure character I like that I can think of off the top of my head is Jasmine from the Mikoto SR, Central Unit, knows as "China Jasmine" for her choce of blouses. She's recognizable by her curly hair, spiffy sunglasses and her deely-boppers because she's one of the "Golden Mantle" members of the Mikoto 5 Fan Club. I still don't know why the Mikoto 5 FC were out to get Asuka, except that the whole Mikoto 5 was a front for the Hibari SS. No wonder Bara no Miya left the SS...it's a really stupid plan.

      Hana no Asuka-gumi has the greatest obscure characters. lol

      http://biggestloser.msn.com/
    • mara_papimer
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7, 2008
        > The most obscure character I like that I can think of off the top of
        >my head is Jasmine from the Mikoto SR, Central Unit, knows as "China
        >Jasmine" for her choice of blouses.

        'It's three times more obscure!'

        There need to be more Matilda Ajan clones in future Gundam series.
        Gundam Wing went two fold to have Noin [clone of Matilda] and then
        Hilde [loli clone of Noin].

        None of them get the attention they deserve.
      • Alkmaion
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2008
          Seiri(Othello): evil, but has her moments of beauty
          Sadly, she disappears in the second story arc.
          It would have been fun to see her blackmailed by Nana more often.

          Karen(Time Stranger Kyoko)
          Just the ideas I get about a human/flower hybrid make my finger wanna
          scribble...*smile*

          Alkmaion
        • mara_papimer
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 9, 2008
            > Karen(Time Stranger Kyoko)
            > Just the ideas I get about a human/flower hybrid make my finger wanna
            > scribble...*smile*

            WOW...

            For those who do not know, Time Stranger Kyoko was a manga that only
            ran up to three volumes and was drawn by Arina Tanemura. It was also
            made into a OVA by production IG.
          • Alkmaion
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 11, 2008
              To tell the truth, I already scribbled...once...

              Honestly, I like the shortness of TSK. With the sketchy outlines of
              certain 'white' areas, it offers many possibilities...

              For example, most of the Kirit(dragon, fish and snake clans) live
              outside the cities, tending to themselves; and it Karen herself was
              to be sold as a slave...

              And the 30th century?
              I often wonder if you could squeeze in 'Battle Angel Alita: Last
              Order' between us and TSK(especially after reading about Caela
              Sanguise).

              Alkmaion