Re: [Yuricon] Re: Bests and Worsts

  • mantennashowers@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 4, 2008
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Resop <resop2@...>
      To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 7:24 am
      Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Bests and Worsts

      I'm not saying Raimauro Senkitan is good (I haven't seen it) but the
      description "a ridiculous version of a real life war with magical girls" could
      also apply to Kamikaze Kiato Jeanne...

      Craig

      Which makes me wonder if we'll ever see a Henry Darger anime with all those little hermaphroditic little girls fighting an eratsz version of the Civil War... But it also reminds me of this: Putin remix of the Negima OP http://youtube.com/watch?v=snqlwkrIECM

      And while I'm posting, I'll add my favorites. My tastes are all over the place but gravitate to the strange-but-not-too-gross. So I love things like Cromartie High School and Bobobo and Keroro Gunso... the more regular school-set stuff is pretty fun too since you always have strange occult or crossdressing or Yakuza things going on in contrast. But really, the manga and anime I really get into make me wonder WTF whether it's the first 7 volumes of the YGO manga or the Princess Princess Club or how pretty Rose of Versailes and Chevalier d'Eon make historical figures whose heads I've seen in wax museums look so pretty or just gobbling up Death Note in hopes its main character gets what he deserves... Avatar's also one of my faves, although it's not anime. It's what  shonen would be like with decent female characters and a fixed narrative.

      Stuff I don't like, I really can't think off the top of my head... probably stuff I've forgotten since I like the outrageous stuff.

      Um yeah.. I write it too. No pretty slash for me... LOL.