New Maria-sama ga Miteru Fanfic on "Worldshaking" Fanfic

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2008
      Okay, so a while back, Sean Gaffney wrote a pornographic little romp called "Touko in Wonderland" which you probably shouldn't read even if you aren't a minor, because it's very, very bad for the brain. LOL It was certainly bad for my brain, so I've written an equally bad side story for his porniverse.You can find "Touko in Wonderland" on the Fanfic Revolution's site: http://fanficrevolution.blogspot.com. And should you be moved to learn the history Sachiko alludes to, of the tradition of Rosa Chinensis disciple, please feel free to wander over to http://www.worldshaking.net to readthis month's story - "Beloved."Both of these have mature themes, so if you are a minor - as unfair as it seems to you - please do not click these links. Following them is an affidavit that you are of the age of legal majority in your home. Thank you for being considerate and mature..Enjoy!Cheers,EricaYuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated." http://www.yuricon.org Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com"World Shaking" Fanfic - http://www.worldshaking.net The Fanfic Revolution - fanficrevolution.blogspot.com

    • crimsonlotus20
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3, 2008
        Right, so I'm finally breaking my month-long silence on Yuricon.
        Unfortunately, the only way to describe this prolonged leave of
        absence is the dreaded R(eal)L(ife), especially if viewed in the
        context of a miserable postgraduate degree. So I spent most of January
        amending for my insouciance over the holidays.

        I think Erica's new fic is as good as any to return to the list. I am,
        as always, immensely grateful for a yuri fic which exhibits the
        crucial characteristics of being (a) well-written (and I don't mean
        meaningful, trash can be well-written from a technical standpoint and
        still be trash) and (b) worth reading. The latter is a purely
        subjective point, but as a long-time observer/occasional poster on
        shoujoai.com and Devianthearts, the more I think about, the more I
        realise that a good readable yuri fic is a rare find indeed.

        I have already spoken to Erica on this subject via Yuricon chat and,
        whereas I understand she does not have much time to dedicate to
        writing these days, I think that the Yuricon board should, as a rule,
        try to encourage the writing of good yuri fiction as one of the key
        activities of the mailing group. But I am a writer myself - and
        therefore biased - so all I can, impartially, conclude is: good work
        and I hope there is more to come!

        Regards,
        MdG

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3, 2008
          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: crimsonlotus@...
          > Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 17:29:14 +0000
          > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: New Maria-sama ga Miteru Fanfic on "Worldshaking" Fanfic
          >

          > good work and I hope there is more to come!

          We talked about this a little on the FR. BDSM stories are often much more beautiful in text than they would be in real life. (With no offense intended to those people who live the lifestyle.) I'm sure if anyone tried to do a live-action version of "Beloved" it would be hysterically awful. LOL In fact, I can see it clearly in my head and I'm laughing already.

          Anyway, glad you liked it. :-)

        • crimsonlotus20
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 3, 2008
            > We talked about this a little on the FR. BDSM stories are often much
            >more beautiful in text than they would be in real life.

            I'm glad you mentioned that, because I fully agree. Fiction, in a yuri
            context, is a useful (and amusing) though experiment on relationships
            and the gamut of female eroticism. It does not, in my view, have to be
            in any way immediately 'reproducible' in real life to be effective,
            but merely say something on the nature of the realms of possibility in
            fictional relationships. I don't think I have ever written a truly
            "realistic" fic in my life but that, in my view, is the central point
            of imagining different, fantasy worlds. Even if one has no inclination
            for BDSM, the characters - in a Pirandellian sense - in one's mind
            might, so from thence proceeds the story.

            Regards,
            MdG

            > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > > From: crimsonlotus@...
            > > Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 17:29:14 +0000
            > > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: New Maria-sama ga Miteru Fanfic on
            "Worldshaking" Fanfic

            > > good work and I hope there is more to come!
            >
            > We talked about this a little on the FR. BDSM stories are often much
            more beautiful in text than they would be in real life. (With no
            offense intended to those people who live the lifestyle.) I'm sure if
            anyone tried to do a live-action version of "Beloved" it would be
            hysterically awful. LOL In fact, I can see it clearly in my head and
            I'm laughing already.

            > Anyway, glad you liked it. :-)

            > http://www.yuricon.org

            > Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM,
            we give.
            > http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Home/?source=text_hotmail_join

          • crimsonlotus20
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 3, 2008
              PS: speaking of BDSM, "Beloved" also springs to mind. Do we see a
              theme evolving here...?

              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "crimsonlotus20" <crimsonlotus@...> wrote:

              > > We talked about this a little on the FR. BDSM stories are often much
              > >more beautiful in text than they would be in real life.
              >
              > I'm glad you mentioned that, because I fully agree. Fiction, in a yuri
              > context, is a useful (and amusing) though experiment on relationships
              > and the gamut of female eroticism. It does not, in my view, have to be
              > in any way immediately 'reproducible' in real life to be effective,
              > but merely say something on the nature of the realms of possibility in
              > fictional relationships. I don't think I have ever written a truly
              > "realistic" fic in my life but that, in my view, is the central point
              > of imagining different, fantasy worlds. Even if one has no inclination
              > for BDSM, the characters - in a Pirandellian sense - in one's mind
              > might, so from thence proceeds the story.
              >
              > Regards,
              > MdG

            • Ellen Kuhfeld
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 3, 2008
                Message
                I wrote, once, on the uses of such fiction in self-discovery. Much depends on asking ourselves the appropriate questions. But what are those questions?

                So you read a lot of fanfiction, by people who seem to be scratching itches in the same vicinity you are. Some of the fiction will draw your attention; some will leave you cold. Look at the stories that draw your attention - they're the ones dealing with the questions you most need to answer for yourself.

                Saves a lot of time and experimentation. I figure it's simply taking Freud's coin-toss one step earlier: analyze your reactions to the available questions, rather than your reaction to the decision of the coin.

                Ellen Rose

                .