RE: [Yuricon] New York Comic Con (OT?)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2008
      You can always see *just* where we'll be on the Yuri Events page: http://www.yuricon.org/events

      NYCC is mostly American comics, with some manga presence. It's not a SF or anime con, but there's always some overlap - especially in the cosplay. There's a fair bit of Indie comics, but you have really walk around and definitely look in the artist's alley. ALC won't be there this year, though. I'm pursuing that which is called "time off" with a vengeance this winter.

      If you're interested in Indie comics, you'd want to go to MoCCA's event (Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art) in NYC, where its all Indie comics. Prism Comics will be there this year and I expect ALC to be there with them.

      To: yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      From: haruchin@...
      Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:43:17 +0000
      Subject: [Yuricon] New York Comic Con (OT?)

      So, I was wondering if anyone was planning to go to this - in particular, will ALC Publishing be making an appearance? Although I do get to go to the odd con in the States, they are usually purely SF media rather than being anime or comics related (Gallifrey One in LA, World SF Con in Denver this year), so my chances of meeting up with folk are correspondingly slim. Was hoping that the NYCC might be a different kettle of fish though. Anyone?

      Best,
      Haru

      Messenger on the move. Text MSN to 63463 now!