Re: Bests and Worsts

  • Sylwia 'Louise' Kazmierczak
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 25, 2008
      I've never been a big fan of japanese animation cause it sucks.
      Especially when we speak about lesbian threads. I like "Utena"
      and "Strawberry Panic". Unfortunately they have young characters but
      also adult take on lesbian theme which is good.
      The worst yuri or s-ai anime which I've seen? "Kannazuki no Miko"
      and "Marimite" :/

      Good non yuri/s-ai anime are Haibane Renmei, Akira, GITS, Jin-Roh,
      Darkside Blues and Yotoden.

      I love comic books so I read manga also. But I'm looking for real
      lesbian plot in manga, not funny or dramatic school / fantasy stories
      with 16 years old girls. It gets on my nerves. I prefer slice-of-life
      stories, like "Honey&Honey", "Works", "Rica `tte Kanji", works of
      Yamaji Ebine, some stories from Mist magazine.
      I also enjoyed new on the market "Girl's Only". We can see there
      lesbian erotica in feminine shot.

      Beside yuri I like crime and samurai stories
      like "Golgo13", "Sanctuary", "Kozure Okami" etc. Oh, and "Claymore"
      also.

      To be honest - the lesbian storylines are much better in american
      comic books than in manga.

      Cheers,
      Sylwia

      --
      http://comixgrrrlz.neostrada.pl
    • mara_papimer
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 25, 2008
        Mmmm... Doing these can be hard because when you mention your absolute
        favorite you feel that you are leavening out your other favorites.

        Favorite anime: Utena
        Hard to decide, but I would say Utena because when it tries to be
        funny it really is funny. And if you compare it to some of the other
        anime coming out today that are deliberately comedy anime they are
        nowhere near as good as Utena was when it was funny.

        Favorite Manga:Kare Kano
        Although I have yet to read all twenty-one volumes one after the other
        like I would like to do Kare Kano would be my favorite without even
        trying. You do not even need to take into account the story or setting
        but simply how this manga is made, why oh why can't everyone panel a
        manga or a comic like Kare Kano.

        Favorite Anime movie: Patlabor
        Have you watched the first Patlabor movie? No? Then that is like
        saying you have never seen a full moon, snow or have never been
        swimming. It's just one of those things you have to see or do to have
        a complete life. Forget that all the good characters turn up and have
        nice even parts in this movie, but when I first watched (13) I was
        scared out of my mind by the antagonist who dies right at the
        beginning! Truly contains the best homage to 'The Birds' ever.

        Favorite visual game: Sapphism no Gensou
        You may sneer if you know the story and I agree with you however, this
        game not only has one of the best casts in a visual game I have
        played, but the main character is likable too. Those who do not play
        these games would not know but so often the main character is totally
        unlikable. Not so in SnG where the main character, despite being a bit
        of a lolicon and an utter cad is still completely charming and cool.
        The main cast is great too, it is a shame that they did not get a
        better main story or setting.

        Worst...

        Anime: Giyver & Love Hina
        Manga: Futari Ecchi
        Movie: Legend of the overfield (English name)
        game: (I make sure to only play good games) Is what I would love to
        say but: X-change (the entire disgusting series)
      • Laquandus Marion
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 25, 2008
          Here my best and worst anime and manga

          Best anime: Genshiken for interesting look of otaku in college setting
          Devilman Lady for horror and look at evolution and being human
          Samurai Champloo mixture of hip-hop and feudal Japan
          Mai-Hime sort of eschew the magical girl genre even it just a sci-fi
          show
          Trinity Blood the main character seems a rip-off of Vash the Stampede
          and Arcura from Hellsing but have some great action and some drama

          Worst anime: Lucky Star I not hate it for per se but it being popluar
          for shake being popluar and almost scream a Azamanga Daioh rip-off
          with pop culture

          Every show with excessive amount of fan service it huge turn off for
          me

          Best manga: Rurorni Kenshin for showing mixture of historical Japan
          duing the Meji restoration period and great action and human drama

          Genshiken: The manga actually go a little further than the anime and
          manga ending a little sad when almost everyone graduation from college

          Angel Sancutary Dark shoujo manga with incest usually I don't like
          but I make exception of the rule with hunting theme of reincarnation
          and nature of God, heaven and hell with a happy ending

          Worst Manga Battle Vixen aka Ikki Tousen The only good part is it
          about the Romance of the Three Kingdoms also unforunately it got too
          much fan service and the translation making the characters sounding
          they are American Teenagers

          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mara_papimer"
          <in_the_name_of_union7@...> wrote:

          > Mmmm... Doing these can be hard because when you mention your
          absolute
          > favorite you feel that you are leavening out your other favorites.
          >
          > Favorite anime: Utena
          > Hard to decide, but I would say Utena because when it tries to be
          > funny it really is funny. And if you compare it to some of the other
          > anime coming out today that are deliberately comedy anime they are
          > nowhere near as good as Utena was when it was funny.
          >
          > Favorite Manga:Kare Kano
          > Although I have yet to read all twenty-one volumes one after the
          other
          > like I would like to do Kare Kano would be my favorite without even
          > trying. You do not even need to take into account the story or
          setting
          > but simply how this manga is made, why oh why can't everyone panel a
          > manga or a comic like Kare Kano.
          >
          > Favorite Anime movie: Patlabor
          > Have you watched the first Patlabor movie? No? Then that is like
          > saying you have never seen a full moon, snow or have never been
          > swimming. It's just one of those things you have to see or do to
          have
          > a complete life. Forget that all the good characters turn up and
          have
          > nice even parts in this movie, but when I first watched (13) I was
          > scared out of my mind by the antagonist who dies right at the
          > beginning! Truly contains the best homage to 'The Birds' ever.
          >
          > Favorite visual game: Sapphism no Gensou
          > You may sneer if you know the story and I agree with you however,
          this
          > game not only has one of the best casts in a visual game I have
          > played, but the main character is likable too. Those who do not play
          > these games would not know but so often the main character is
          totally
          > unlikable. Not so in SnG where the main character, despite being a
          bit
          > of a lolicon and an utter cad is still completely charming and cool.
          > The main cast is great too, it is a shame that they did not get a
          > better main story or setting.
          >
          > Worst...
          >
          > Anime: Giyver & Love Hina
          > Manga: Futari Ecchi
          > Movie: Legend of the overfield (English name)
          > game: (I make sure to only play good games) Is what I would love to
          > say but: X-change (the entire disgusting series)

        • rvwill1930
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 4, 2008
            My favorite anime are Simoun, Twelve Kingdoms and several of

            Miyazki's works such as Spirited Away and Nausicaa. The worst is

            Raimauro Senkitan a ridiculous version of the Russo Japanese war with

            magical girls - I had just read a history of this war before viewing.

            I haven't read any manga.
          • Resop
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 4, 2008
              I'm not saying Raimauro Senkitan is good (I haven't seen it) but the
              description "a ridiculous version of a real life war with magical girls" could
              also apply to Kamikaze Kiato Jeanne...

              Craig

            • mantennashowers@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 4, 2008