Re: Since this season sucks for Yuri, what else are we watching?

  • mara_papimer
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 18, 2008
      Persona Trinity Soul (witch I am convinced is quickly turning into a
      pretty boy series) is currently very watchable, but then I will buy
      into Shin Mengami Tensei. For some reason I am reminded of Blood+
      watching it I can only hope it doesn't turn out as flat as that did.

      Two series that I need to finish soon are Denno Coil and Oh-Edo
      Rocket, both are great fun in their own way.

      The background music in Oh-Edo Rocket is superb yet only the first two
      bars of the opening song are any good, then it descends into sugary
      nothingness until just near the end.

      As of episode eleven it seems that Denno Coil's main way of increasing
      tension is to introduce a new mysterious character who is just
      slightly more attractive than the rest of the cast prior to their
      appearance.

      First: Isako Second: Haraken Third: Tamako Fourth: Sōsuke Nekome.
    • Kian
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 19, 2008
        I'm watching quite a few this season. Tentatively, H2O
        footprints in the sand, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien OVA Next
        Season, Mnemosyne, Rosario + Vampire, They are my
        noble masters, Spice wolf
        May drop H2O and Spice wolf soon...starting to make me
        fall asleep...the pace stays the same...zzzz
        Still watching:
        Dragonant, Kimikiss pure rouge, Shakugan no Shana 2

        Wat say the rest?

        --- mara_papimer <in_the_name_of_union7@...>
        wrote:

        > Persona Trinity Soul (witch I am convinced is
        > quickly turning into a
        > pretty boy series) is currently very watchable, but
        > then I will buy
        > into Shin Mengami Tensei. For some reason I am
        > reminded of Blood+
        > watching it I can only hope it doesn't turn out as
        > flat as that did.
        >
        > Two series that I need to finish soon are Denno Coil
        > and Oh-Edo
        > Rocket, both are great fun in their own way.
        >
        > The background music in Oh-Edo Rocket is superb yet
        > only the first two
        > bars of the opening song are any good, then it
        > descends into sugary
        > nothingness until just near the end.
        >
        > As of episode eleven it seems that Denno Coil's main
        > way of increasing
        > tension is to introduce a new mysterious character
        > who is just
        > slightly more attractive than the rest of the cast
        > prior to their
        > appearance.
        >
        > First: Isako Second: Haraken Third: Tamako Fourth:
        > Sôsuke Nekome.

      • Todd
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 19, 2008
          This season I have been watching the 1979 anime series Akage no Anne,
          based on the book _Anne of Green Gables_ by Lucy Maud Montgomery. It
          is 50 episodes, and I'm on episode 19.

          It is apparently very close to the book, and features a very close
          friendship between two girls. They even say they love each other
          (aishiteru). The character designs are, of course, dated, but I like
          them.

          I also tried a few episodes of Rosario x Vampire, which could be fun,
          though it's rather heavy on the fan service.
        • Grisznak
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 20, 2008
            I'm watching remake of Yattaman and it's very good. This 2008 remake
            is almost the same as original when it comes to storyline. Reminds me
            my young days.
            regards
            Grisznak

            On Jan 19, 2008 7:02 PM, Todd <ashi@...> wrote:

            > This season I have been watching the 1979 anime series Akage no Anne,
            > based on the book _Anne of Green Gables_ by Lucy Maud Montgomery. It
            > is 50 episodes, and I'm on episode 19.
            >
            > It is apparently very close to the book, and features a very close
            > friendship between two girls. They even say they love each other
            > (aishiteru). The character designs are, of course, dated, but I like
            > them.
            >
            > I also tried a few episodes of Rosario x Vampire, which could be fun,
            > though it's rather heavy on the fan service.

          • sarcastic_weasel
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 20, 2008
              Hmmm... it's not a stellar Winter season, is it?

              I'm watching a lot of various series, because I usually give them 4-5
              episodes before I decide for sure. So far I'm watching:

              Aria-- duh. More Athena!

              Minami-ke Okawari-- a new studio is animating this version, and
              suddenly the characters look a little on the creepy side.

              They Are My Noble Masters-- Is that Rei's seiyuu from MSGM I hear? Ok,
              that'll automatically get me to watch a few eps.

              H2O-- I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I watch this series. It's
              like Higurashi, except it's not very good. I'm giving it one more episode.

              True Tears-- Am I the only person who thinks that the protagonist's
              obsession with crying is a little on the freaky side? So I'll keep
              watching it for now to see just how freaky it gets.

              Wolf & Spice-- Horo is a very interesting character. She doesn't fit
              any of the stereotypes, so it makes the series a whole lot better than
              95% of the anime out there already.

              Shigofum-- Yumi-chan, what's this? A letter for me? :D

              Stuff I'm continuing from last season:

              Bamboo Blade-- I enjoy this series a lot. Fun. Nice mix of, well,
              everything. It's not your typical sports anime, and it's good to see
              the various kendo clubs competing with each other, but still helping
              each other improve.

              Hayate no Gotoku-- Doesn't make me think too much.

              Kimikiss-- mostly watching because Yoshino's seiyuu from MSGM is one
              of the leads.

              I think maybe I watch too much of this stuff. >_>a
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 20, 2008
                > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                > From: sarcastic_weasel@...
                > Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 20:24:08 +0000
                > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Since this season sucks for Yuri, what else are we watching?

                > They Are My Noble Masters-- Is that Rei's seiyuu from MSGM I hear? Ok,
                > that'll automatically get me to watch a few eps.

                You do indeed.

                I started that yesterday. I have no idea who its for, but it's very bizarre. :)