RE: [Yuricon] Gakuen Alice vol.1 (Tokyopop manga)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2008
      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: johannconradchua@...
      > Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:43:42 +0800
      > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Gakuen Alice vol.1 (Tokyopop manga)
      >
      > TokyoPop? Aw, man. Other than buying a couple of their OEL titles
      > (Dramacon, The Dreaming) to support the creators, I try not to give TP
      > any of my money (long story, off-list replies only).
      >
      > Guess I'll have to get Gakuen Alice in Japanese, like I did with the
      > CLAMP stuff and Miracle Girls.

      Not having anything against TP, I have to say that this is just about the *only* series I've ever waited for to be translated. Not because I think it's all that, but because I was simply too lazy to read it in Japanese. :-) By the time the anime ended there were already 8 volumes of manga out and I couldn't be bothered reading them raw, when I knew that TP had the license. Who knew they would decide to delay the release until Fruits Basket was ending? So I've hung on, waiting for this series to be released in English.

      I'm glad it's fianlly out - it's a cute series and I enjoyed the anime. And the relationship between Mikan and Hotaru.

      Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more