ARIA Manga series coming to an end?

  • sarcastic_weasel
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 6, 2008
      Mangaupdates has said on the news portion of their site that ARIA the
      manga series is ending in the April issue of Comic Blade. I'm not sure
      if it's 100% true, but if it is, I'll be a little bummed out. I just
      hope we get a good ending out of it, and not something rushed.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
        The news is pretty old, I think. Maybe from the fall? I remember hearing about it a while ago.

        But for anyone actually reading the manga, it's been heading in that direction for a while, so I can't say it's surprising. Volumes 10 and 11 were seriously working towards the inevitable. I don't follow scans, but I have no doubt that the manga will end with the obvious. :-)

        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: sarcastic_weasel@...
        > Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 06:02:11 +0000
        > Subject: [Yuricon] ARIA Manga series coming to an end?
        >
        > Mangaupdates has said on the news portion of their site that ARIA the
        > manga series is ending in the April issue of Comic Blade. I'm not sure
        > if it's 100% true, but if it is, I'll be a little bummed out. I just
        > hope we get a good ending out of it, and not something rushed.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > <*> Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > <*> To change settings online go to:
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > <*> To change settings via email:
        > mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > mailto:Yuricon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Share life as it happens with the new Windows Live. Start sharing!
      • Diva Saya
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
          Hey,

          I think it's already rushed.

          I didn't like Ch.58.

          It felt like Alicia just made Akari a No glove just because Aika and Alice are too.

          I didn't like it at all.

          Bah! At least we got that OVA. That will make my days to come, even if  ORIGINATION disappoints too.

          D.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
            On 7 Jan 2008 at 2:39, Diva Saya wrote:

            OK, first of all,

            Let's

            add

            some

            spoiler

            space

            because

            not

            everyone

            likes

            be

            spoiled.

            > It felt like Alicia just made Akari a No glove just because Aika and Alice are too.
            >
            > I didn't like it at all.

            I have to disagree with this. It would be the case if all undines were trained
            in exactly the same way, but the manga shows how all three companies do
            things totally differently. Aria Company is nothing like Orange Planet or
            Himeya. They have two employees. And I think every undine's 'test' is
            different, and entirely up to their superior.

            In this case, Chapter 58 not only fits with Akari through the series, but Alicia
            as well. There's a little bit of actual 'are you skilled enough to row these tiny
            alleyways' in it, but I think that Akari passed when she decided she was ready
            to take the test, and asked Alicia. She passed when she knew she wanted to
            move on.

            --SG
          • Diva Saya
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
              Wow O_O

              No komento.

              Sorry about the lack of SPOILER SPACE there. It was a rush reply.

              And I blame my none existent knowledge of Moon that I didn't really understand the chapter.

              I guess a pic ain't really worth 1000 words.

              *Laughs nervously.*

              I really wish there was translations for this.

              Sad though that it really is ending.

              I was really into that manga.

              Sigh.

              Again, sorry for the...err..you know..

              D.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
                To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                From: demoneyes111@...
                Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 08:30:17 -0800

                I have a request.

                > And I blame my none existent knowledge of Moon that I didn't
                really understand the chapter.

                Can we not call Japanese "moonspeak"? I find it to be one of the
                most tedious and insulting shorthands that fandumb has coined.
                Nihongo is also acceptable. "Moon" is not. Thank you.

              • Diva Saya
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
                  Ah ha ha ha!

                  Oh you!

                  you're out to get me, ain't ya?!!

                  Nah! Just kidding...

                  > And I blame my none existent knowledge of Moon that I didn't
                  really understand the chapter.

                  Can we not call Japanese "moonspeak"? I find it to be one of the
                  most tedious and insulting shorthands that fandumb has coined.
                  Nihongo is also acceptable. "Moon" is not. Thank you.

                  http://www.yuricon. org
                  Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu: http://okazu. blogspot. com

                  "World Shaking" Fanfic - http://www.worldsha king.net
                  The Fanfic Revolution - fanficrevolution. blogspot. com

                • Rikaishi
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
                    Ah ha ha ha!

                    Oh you!

                    you're out to get me, ain't ya?!!

                    Nah! Just kidding...

                    Erica's an avid AkiraxAlicia 'shipper, so she gets a bit grouchy if you talk about "That OVA" or mention Akari and Alicia in the same sentence  ^ ^
                  • Diva Saya
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
                      Oh!

                      That's explains...Stuff...^^