Re: Blue Drop episode 12

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2007

      > ZOMGWTFBBQ!!11oneone!

      I feel the need to point out the obvious - Evil Master Commander is
      evil.

      I mean, really. Didn't we all see that coming a mile away?

      > <ahem>
      >

      > SPOILER
      >

      > SPACE
      >

      > BECAUSE
      >

      > THIS
      >

      > IS
      >

      > SERIOUSLY
      >

      > SPOILERY
      >

      > Wow. The writers really did have a bomb to drop after all.

      You think?

      I can't say I was really surprised about anything in this episode.
      Not unhappy or dissapointed, mind you - I was well pleased by it -
      but I somehow didn't think it held any real relevatory content.

      > Is it just me, or did Mari and Hagino just start exhibiting some
      form
      > of telepathy?

      It is not you. They did.

      > Akane is hot in armour. Everyone else clearly agrees.

      Amusingly, Serge's line about an otokoyaku being born is included in
      the script. :-)

      > Silly Azanael. Full marks for attempting to whack the Master
      > Commander, but given what had just happened, believing that that
      was
      > really Onomil was quite staggeringly dumb...

      Yes, clearly Azanael's magic power is remaining two steps behind the
      learning curve.

      > Given all the stuff that's clearly about to go down, I do wonder
      how
      > the heck the play will ever get staged. Hagino is, I'd say, going
      > be rather needed elsewhere. Unless she's going to leave poor
      doomed
      > Tsubael to go down fighting on her own.

      She's pretty much done that every time so far, why ruin a perfect
      track record now?

      > Speaking of Tsubael, she really is wonderfully pleasant and sane.
      Her
      > reaction whilst watching That Scene was quite touching. (Shades
      of "I
      > Just Want My Beloved To Be Happy", of course, but done very
      honourably.)

      Bleh. Being in love with your commander is about the same level of
      dumb as being a commander who is easily distracted. Blue deserves
      better.

      > And yes, we finally get not only the kiss we've all been hoping
      for,
      > but a "daisuki" from Hagino to go along with it. Farewell,
      ambiguity!
      > And such a delightfully true to character way for Mari to go about
      it,
      > too...

      Yep. But don't underestimate denial and ambiguity - daisuki is not
      aishiteru and someone, somehwere will argue the point. Not that I
      (or any of us) care. ;-)

      And just for the record - Mari adds slapping and pushing to a
      relationship already characterized by strangling and cutting. :-)

      Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
      http://okazu.blogspot.com
    • Adam Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 22, 2007
        On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:13:47 -0000, "atheniag"
        <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@...> wrote:

        > I feel the need to point out the obvious - Evil Master Commander is
        > evil.

        She is indeed. She needs a better Evil Laugh.

        > I mean, really. Didn't we all see that coming a mile away?

        > > SPOILER
        > >

        > > SPACE
        > >

        > > BECAUSE
        > >

        > > THIS
        > >

        > > IS
        > >

        > > SERIOUSLY
        > >

        > > SPOILERY
        > >

        > > Wow. The writers really did have a bomb to drop after all.
        > You think?

        That's not the same thing as saying I was surprised - I'm more glad
        that they actually did decide to make happen all the stuff that they'd
        clearly been hinting would happen (rather than leaving it 'til
        post-series).

        > > Is it just me, or did Mari and Hagino just start exhibiting some
        > > form of telepathy?
        > It is not you. They did.

        Then again, I suppose they did so in episode 9, so it's not totally
        new, just much more controlled.

        > Yes, clearly Azanael's magic power is remaining two steps behind the
        > learning curve.

        She does seem to have planned ahead somewhat, though. Perhaps she
        actually had enough clues to realise she was on a suicide mission.
        (And it's reasonable to thing she wanted to be on one.)

        > Bleh. Being in love with your commander is about the same level of
        > dumb as being a commander who is easily distracted. Blue deserves
        > better.

        Given that Blue is going to be doing a thinly-veiled Yamato, I think we
        all know exactly what it deserves...

        > > And yes, we finally get not only the kiss we've all been hoping
        > > for, but a "daisuki" from Hagino to go along with it.
        > Yep. But don't underestimate denial and ambiguity - daisuki is not
        > aishiteru and someone, somehwere will argue the point.

        Given the normal level that we have to work from, this is practically
        like starting their very own Pride Parade. ;)

        > And just for the record - Mari adds slapping and pushing to a
        > relationship already characterized by strangling and cutting. :-)

        Odds on a suicide pact to round it all off?
        .oO("<snip reasonable arguments>" )