Re: [Yuricon] Go-to series?

  • HarukaJ22@aol.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 30, 2007
      Maison Ikkoku and Hana Yori Dango are two series that i always find myself watching/reading when I need a boost. I love Godai and how he ends up overcoming all odds and the same goes for tsukushi what can I say its always the underdogs for me. But if your asking about yuri anime that would be utena and sailor moon hands down
      Ruka

    • Johann Chua
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 1, 2007
        Turns out my comic shop still had Kimagure Orange Road TV Vols. 2-11.
        Most of their DVDs were put in storage when they started turning the
        store into a children's wear outlet. Bought Vol. 2 last week. Think I
        can still get Vol. 12 online factory-sealed, but I'll have to settle
        for used with Vol. 1. In other words, there goes my DVD budget for the
        next few months. I can pick up more newer and in-print titles later
        on.
      • samantha luquin
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 1, 2007
          When bored and at home I tend to rewatch Azumanga Daioh. It's cute, it's usually hapy, and I don't have to spend hours of my day pondering the meaning behind it. The movie I love to watch when bored or depressed or strangely giddy is My Neighbor Totoro. It's cute and happy and it makes me notsalgic and whatnot. For manga Shaman King is usally where I turn. Yoh puts a smile on my face.

          -Samantha

          atheniag <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
          In the absence of anything particularly special to capture our
          attention this season, let's talk about past favorites!

          You're home, bored, maybe a little too tired to think much. What anime
          or manga series do you reach out to (Yuri or not) to bean entertainment
          directly to the pleasure centers of your brain?

          For anime, I frequently reach for Sailor Moon or Patlabor. For manga, I
          find myself often grabbing "Moonlight Flowers." It's short,
          melodramatic and Yuri. :-)

          Who's next?