[OT] Con Chair in-jokes

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2007
      Hi all -

      There is a mailing list where con chairs gather to snipe and snark at
      one another and to share info, advice and war stories.

      Recently, after a lot of heavy-duty conversation, we've all been
      working on a new, completely fake con. Teikyuucon (Pron: Take-You-
      Con, from "teikyuu" Japanese for low quality) is our attempt at
      recapturing the feeling from long ago cons without too much time or
      effort. :-)

      If you want to see the result of our "spiffy" web page, visit:
      http://www.teikyuucon.com/ All the positions are "staffed" by con
      chairs.

      I'm Hanchou of NinjaOps - we'll be blending into the crowd with black
      t-shirts. Except we'll carry live steel, so we look cool. Maybe
      studded collars and bracelets, too for extra bad-assedness.

      All the emails are live and go to the people who volunteered for
      those positions. Do we have too much free time on our hands or what?
      lol

      Anyway, just wanted to share the stupidity. This is the kind of thing
      that happens at the end of con season, when we're all punchy. :-)

      Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
      http://okazu.blogspot.com