RE: [Yuricon] Girl Friends

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2007
      > To: yuri-ml@...; yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: esubramanian1@...
      > Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 07:39:53 -0500
      > Subject: [Yuricon] Girl Friends
      >
      > I can't remember if I've mentioned it here before, but Morinaga Milk is
      > doing a new yuri manga now, Girl Friends.
      > MakiMaki has just released a scanlation of the first chapter; they have
      > a torrent of it up on their page as well as an option for reading it
      > online: http://makimaki.110mb.com/
      > You can also find detailed descriptions of chapters 1-7 (chapter 8 just
      > came out at the end of October), with some teaser scans, here:
      > http://yurizuki.net/gf.html

      Thanks for the heads up, Erin!

      I saw that the first volume is going to available as a tankoubon in December, too.

    • crimsonlotus20
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2007
        Thanks. Quite a sweet - if somewhat formulaic - piece. Good links and I
        look forward to reading more of it, though my third-rate Japanese will
        probably take more of an ego-battering.

        Regards,
        MdG

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...>

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 6, 2007
          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: crimsonlotus@...
          > Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 14:36:08 +0000
          > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Girl Friends
          >
          > Thanks. Quite a sweet - if somewhat formulaic - piece. Good links and I
          > look forward to reading more of it, though my third-rate Japanese will
          > probably take more of an ego-battering.

          That was what I felt as well. Not only didn't it break new ground, it kind of went along ground that's been gone over a million times. I know MM has better stories in her, this one seems really lackluster. "A school girl falls for a classmate, oh my!" IMHO, should be no more than the first three pages of the actual story, not the story itself.

          And I hear you about the ego-battering, too. :-) I pick up a manga, all ready to be able to follow it a bit better than the one before, but it never seems to happen that way. lol

          Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by today!