Girl Friends

  • Erin Subramanian
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2007
      I can't remember if I've mentioned it here before, but Morinaga Milk is
      doing a new yuri manga now, Girl Friends.
      MakiMaki has just released a scanlation of the first chapter; they have
      a torrent of it up on their page as well as an option for reading it
      online: http://makimaki.110mb.com/
      You can also find detailed descriptions of chapters 1-7 (chapter 8 just
      came out at the end of October), with some teaser scans, here:
      http://yurizuki.net/gf.html

      Erin
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2007
        > To: yuri-ml@...; yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: esubramanian1@...
        > Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 07:39:53 -0500
        > Subject: [Yuricon] Girl Friends
        >
        > I can't remember if I've mentioned it here before, but Morinaga Milk is
        > doing a new yuri manga now, Girl Friends.
        > MakiMaki has just released a scanlation of the first chapter; they have
        > a torrent of it up on their page as well as an option for reading it
        > online: http://makimaki.110mb.com/
        > You can also find detailed descriptions of chapters 1-7 (chapter 8 just
        > came out at the end of October), with some teaser scans, here:
        > http://yurizuki.net/gf.html

        Thanks for the heads up, Erin!

        I saw that the first volume is going to available as a tankoubon in December, too.

      • crimsonlotus20
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 6, 2007
          Thanks. Quite a sweet - if somewhat formulaic - piece. Good links and I
          look forward to reading more of it, though my third-rate Japanese will
          probably take more of an ego-battering.

          Regards,
          MdG

          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...>

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2007
            > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > From: crimsonlotus@...
            > Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 14:36:08 +0000
            > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Girl Friends
            >
            > Thanks. Quite a sweet - if somewhat formulaic - piece. Good links and I
            > look forward to reading more of it, though my third-rate Japanese will
            > probably take more of an ego-battering.

            That was what I felt as well. Not only didn't it break new ground, it kind of went along ground that's been gone over a million times. I know MM has better stories in her, this one seems really lackluster. "A school girl falls for a classmate, oh my!" IMHO, should be no more than the first three pages of the actual story, not the story itself.

            And I hear you about the ego-battering, too. :-) I pick up a manga, all ready to be able to follow it a bit better than the one before, but it never seems to happen that way. lol

            Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by today!