Re: Nadeshiko

  • munkyjanice
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2007
      *comes out of the depths of lurk-dom*

      I know i know! Does KnM count? chikane and i-forgot-her-name.

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2007
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@...> wrote:

        > "Instantly, she is captivated by the Student Council president and
        > classic Japanese beauty..." - OKAZU
        >
        > Speaking of the quiet, refined, soft-spoken beauty with flowing
        > straight black hair (and all the genki lil' girlies ensorcelled by
        > their societal perfection), how many instances are there of the yamato
        > nadeshiko being the one who is enamoured and pursues the short bouncy
        > squeaker?

        IMHO, the "usual" is that the classic beauty pursues the bubble-headed,
        erm, cheerful blonde-ish one. Simone pursues Resine, Chikane lusts
        after Himeko, Yaya pathetically courts Hikari, and in Escalation, that
        you quoted, Naomi is no less after Rie. In the novel they switch it
        around so Rie *also* wants Naomi actively. Sachiko is the one who
        initiates the relationship with Yumi, etc, etc. Oh, and Shizuru, while
        not classic bijin in any sense is still definitely the seme.

        The classic Japanese beauty is of course the object of admiration and
        desire, but it's usually up to her to be the pursuer, because the
        perceived power is on her side. The cute one is one of the crowd and
        usually doesn't have a strong enough personality to become the agressor.

      • Resop
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2007
          I would think so.

          However, I just thought of two Yamoto Nadeshiko/Genki girl pairings that kind
          of break this mold:

          Rei Hino/Usagi Tsukino of Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
          The two main girls of Orange Road.

          Craig