Cutey Honey The Live

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2007
      I'm not sure it's fair to say that I'm disappointed by Cutey Honey the
      Live. I mean, really, what kind of expectations could I have
      legitimately had without resorting to insanity? :-)

      However, the most recent incarnation has continued the CH Seed
      tradition of removing Honey's frontal lobe and making her into a
      compliant, weak, easily sexually harassed sex doll of a major kick-ass
      magical heroine. So yes, I'm a bit disappointed.

      The Cutie Honey live action move definitely had it's share of service,
      but this series is more like the Kekkou Kamen live-action movie in
      which all the guys are sort of pathetic but nice, or slavering
      perverts or evil, sometimes more than one of the above.

      And to be honest, I'd probably let alot of this go, but. As in the
      original series, Aki Natsuko, Na-chan, has been returned to her
      original role as supportive classmate. And that's it. She basically
      stands there going, "don't do that Honey!" Bzzt.

      After the Re Cutey Honey and live-action powerup Na-chan had - not to
      mention the super butch power up she received in the last manga,
      before the CH Seed farce - I'm sad.

      Is it so much to ask that Na-chan just be Honey's love interest and
      that Honey be cool and competent? lol Oh, wait, I said I'd avoid
      insanity. :-)

      Anyway, I still hold out hope that Na-chan is kidnapped, so Honey can
      save her and they can have a moment of willfully mis-interpratable
      teary hugging. But that's as low as I can make my expectations go. :-)