Re: [Yuricon] Link to Simoun Volume 1 Review on Okazu

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 24, 2007

      On Oct 24, 2007, at 12:45 PM, Erica Friedman wrote:

      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: haruchin@...
      > Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:19:48 +0000
      > Subject: RE: [Yuricon] Link to Simoun Volume 1 Review on Okazu
      >
      > >Amazon.com *ought* to sell overseas. I was under the impression that they
      > >all ship anywhere in the world.
      >
      > Having had disappointments with amazon.com in the past, where I tried
      > several times to order something and just got redirected back to
      > amazon.co.uk with a message telling me that they wouldn't do international
      > shipping,

      I think that this is true for electronics and games. I know someone who tried to order games from Amazon JP and couldn't.  Why? Beats me.

      Probably because of some lobby/industry-backed tariff law or something. The U.S.P.S. has a list of shipping restrictions (from the U.S.)  by country here: http://pe.usps.gov/text/Imm/Immctry.html

      Makes for some slightly interesting reading to see what some countries prohibit.

      I tried looking for a list of Japanese export restrictions, but I'm probably using the wrong terms and/or engines, since nothing comprehensive is coming up, and I've already spent 20 minutes on it.

      Capitalism; making your world smaller, every day. ;)

      -==-
      Serge
      "Visually Impressive!" -- Precocious Curmudgeon