Re: [Yuricon] Strawberry Shake Sweet

  • Lililicious
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
      Haruchin Chigusa wrote:

      >I was going through my old manga files this morning and found myself
      >rediscovering the loveliness that is the first six chapters of Strawberry
      >Shake Sweet (displacement activity rules...). I was wondering if anyone
      >knows what's become of this series? Is it still being serialised in Yuri
      >Hime, or has it stopped? I know that there's only one tank out there, and
      >I'm having trouble tracking down scanlations or raws beyond chapter six.

      As Syk noted, chapter 7 of the scanlation is currently in editing. The
      chapter 8 from Yuri Hime 3 (there are two chapters labeled "Chapter
      8"--a short 8-page one from Yuri Hime 3 and a normal-length one from
      Yuri Hime 4) is edited, and we plan to release it together with chapter
      7 whenever that one is done.
      In the meantime, for those who do have the hard copies or raws, you can
      read along with the text translations of those two chapters here:
      http://yurizuki.net/scripts.html
      If anyone is interested, we can always use more editors with the massive
      skill and experience required to tackle difficult projects like
      Strawberry Shake Sweet and other Yuri Hime works. We do not need any
      more manga translators at this time.
      One last note: When we are waiting on the release of the Japanese
      edition to continue a project, I usually note it on the project page for
      that work. For example, tankoubon of Sweet Blue Flowers only come out
      once a year, so when we release chapter 13 (which is in the Quality
      Check stage and so should be released fairly soon), I will put a note up
      indicating that volume 3 will not be out in Japan until December or so.

      Erin
    • Haruchin Chigusa
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
        >As Syk noted, chapter 7 of the scanlation is currently in editing. The
        >chapter 8 from Yuri Hime 3 (there are two chapters labeled "Chapter
        >8"--a short 8-page one from Yuri Hime 3 and a normal-length one from
        >Yuri Hime 4) is edited, and we plan to release it together with chapter
        >7 whenever that one is done.
        >In the meantime, for those who do have the hard copies or raws, you can
        >read along with the text translations of those two chapters here:
        >http://yurizuki.net/scripts.html

        Ah, that's great. Thanks Erin and Syk for the swift responses, and Erica too
        - I hadn't realised that I could get magazines through amazon.co.jp as well
        as books. I hope I didn't come over as demanding- I deliberately didn't
        mention the scanlation team since neither I nor anyone else has the right to
        expect work from you chaps. When scanlations come along they're like gifts -
        not to be expected, but to be gratefully received. Or at least, that's how I
        look at it. :) I simply wasn't sure if the series was continuing - the lack
        of material out there got me worried. Of course, now I know it's serialised
        in a quarterly magazine, that makes a lot more sense. (D'oh.) The scripts
        are much appreciated - I can manage to a certain extent with reading
        Japanese, but it's a slow and uncertain process, so translations are
        wonderful. I will of course, be getting the tankoubon - I'm putting my first
        amazon.co.jp package together at the moment, and SSS is most definitely
        included. :)

        >If anyone is interested, we can always use more editors with the massive
        >skill and experience required to tackle difficult projects like
        >Strawberry Shake Sweet and other Yuri Hime works.

        If I had either the skill or experience I would be happy to lend it, but I'm
        afraid I'm lacking in both departments. :) Plus, I'm not sure Paint Shop Pro
        4 is terribly useful on the editing front. lol. Good luck in any case.
        Lililicious does great work, and it's always a pleasure to read your
        releases. Thanks!

        Haru

        Get Pimped! FREE emoticon packs from Windows Live -
        http://www.pimpmylive.co.uk
      • Erin Subramanian
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
          Haruchin Chigusa wrote:

          >Ah, that's great. Thanks Erin and Syk for the swift responses, and Erica too
          >- I hadn't realised that I could get magazines through amazon.co.jp as well
          >as books.

          Some online Japanese bookstores don't carry Yuri Hime, but thankfully,
          Amazon Japan does. :)
          There's also an online store located in the US that carries it: Akadot
          Retail. They charge more for the books (to compensate for the cost they
          have to pay to get them from Japan, I would imagine) but their shipping
          (within the US, anyway) is much cheaper, so they may be cheaper overall
          depending on what you want to buy. The downside there is that you can't
          order through the Yuricon Shop, of course.
          I've been using http://www.bk1.jp/ for my other manga purchasing needs
          (they don't carry the Yuri Hime magazine, though they do carry Yuri Hime
          tankoubon) recently, since they offer more shipping options than Amazon
          Japan and I would rather pay less for shipping and then wait longer for
          the books. There's an English guide to using bk1 at:
          http://www.yaoi.ca/bgbk11.php Again, it's not compatible with the
          Yuricon Shop, but you could always use all the cash you save on shipping
          to buy a book from Yuricon if you'd like to support them. ;)

          >I hope I didn't come over as demanding- I deliberately didn't
          >mention the scanlation team since neither I nor anyone else has the right to
          >expect work from you chaps. When scanlations come along they're like gifts -
          >not to be expected, but to be gratefully received. Or at least, that's how I
          >look at it. :)

          Don't worry, you didn't seem demanding at all. Wow, what a great
          attitude. Thank you. :)
          We do try not to leave people hanging for too long, but sometimes things
          do come up, unfortunately. :-/

          >I simply wasn't sure if the series was continuing - the lack
          >of material out there got me worried. Of course, now I know it's serialised
          >in a quarterly magazine, that makes a lot more sense. (D'oh.) The scripts
          >are much appreciated - I can manage to a certain extent with reading
          >Japanese, but it's a slow and uncertain process, so translations are
          >wonderful. I will of course, be getting the tankoubon - I'm putting my first
          >amazon.co.jp package together at the moment, and SSS is most definitely
          >included. :)

          You're welcome. Hope you get lots of fun goodies!

          >If I had either the skill or experience I would be happy to lend it, but I'm
          >afraid I'm lacking in both departments. :) Plus, I'm not sure Paint Shop Pro
          >4 is terribly useful on the editing front. lol. Good luck in any case.
          >Lililicious does great work, and it's always a pleasure to read your
          >releases. Thanks!

          You're welcome, and thanks for the sentiment. :)
          And yeah, Paint Shop Pro 4 lacks some of the tools and options from
          later versions that I've found to be pretty essential for editing. ^^

          Erin
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...>
            wrote:

            > And yeah, Paint Shop Pro 4 lacks some of the tools and options from
            > later versions that I've found to be pretty essential for editing. ^^

            I would be crippled without my Photoshop 7. :-) All the cleanup,
            retouching, lettering, etc is done on that. I love Photoshop because
            even a graphics-impaired person like myself can do fairly tremendous
            things in it. The way some of the sound effects in YM5 came out really
            looked good - like someone who knows what they are doing did them,
            instead of me. :-)

          • Aereal Reis
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 6, 2007

              > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@>
              > wrote:
              >

              > > And yeah, Paint Shop Pro 4 lacks some of the tools and options from
              > > later versions that I've found to be pretty essential for editing. ^^
              >
              > I would be crippled without my Photoshop 7. :-) All the cleanup,
              > retouching, lettering, etc is done on that. I love Photoshop because
              > even a graphics-impaired person like myself can do fairly tremendous
              > things in it. The way some of the sound effects in YM5 came out really
              > looked good - like someone who knows what they are doing did them,
              > instead of me. :-)

              I use Macromedia Fireworks and it works just sweet for me ^-^ all
              editing I did for the Hispanic Yuri Community was done with it. I've
              never used Photoshop but I know it's tremendously popular and useful.