Strawberry Shake Sweet

  • Haruchin Chigusa
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
      I was going through my old manga files this morning and found myself
      rediscovering the loveliness that is the first six chapters of Strawberry
      Shake Sweet (displacement activity rules...). I was wondering if anyone
      knows what's become of this series? Is it still being serialised in Yuri
      Hime, or has it stopped? I know that there's only one tank out there, and
      I'm having trouble tracking down scanlations or raws beyond chapter six.

      Of course, one of these days I'll solve this problem and work out how to get
      hold of the magazine itself, but that's something I'm still working on...

      So, anyone know if Hayashiya-sensei is still writing this one?

      Haru

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007

        > To: yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > From: haruchin@...
        > Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 12:46:31 +0000
        > Subject: [Yuricon] Strawberry Shake Sweet
        >
        > I was going through my old manga files this morning and found myself
        > rediscovering the loveliness that is the first six chapters of Strawberry
        > Shake Sweet (displacement activity rules...). I was wondering if anyone
        > knows what's become of this series? Is it still being serialised in Yuri
        > Hime, or has it stopped?

        It's still being serialized. New chapter should be out with this month's issue of YH. And there ought to be a second collected volume coming soonish.

        Yuri Hime is a quarterly magazine, which seems to throw people off. The three month wait means that *every* quarter people think it's been cancelled. :-)

        > Of course, one of these days I'll solve this problem and work out how to get
        > hold of the magazine itself, but that's something I'm still working on...

        We put links on the Yuricon Shop for every issue. Amazon JP works just like Amazon.com. The buttons are the same color and shape as those on Amazon.com. Once you have put an item in your shopping cart and you click the shopping cart link (which is in the same place and looks the same as it does on Amazon.com), there is a link at the top of the page to "see this page in English" and the rest of the process is exactly the same. On the whole, I get my orders within 3-5 days.

      • Jamie Wells
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
          Here here!  I'd like to know what's going on with this one, too.
          I mean, everything else at lililicious is great, but what kept me coming back was Strawberry Shake and Sweet Blue Flowers.  I understand everyone is probably busy, though, which is why I have tried to refrain from saying anything.

          It's also the reason I'm taking Japanese because I want to help translating and editing.  Even if I did have a way of getting the magazines, I'd need them translated, after all.

          Haruchin Chigusa <haruchin@...> wrote:
          I was going through my old manga files this morning and found myself
          rediscovering the loveliness that is the first six chapters of Strawberry
          Shake Sweet (displacement activity rules...). I was wondering if anyone
          knows what's become of this series? Is it still being serialised in Yuri
          Hime, or has it stopped? I know that there's only one tank out there, and
          I'm having trouble tracking down scanlations or raws beyond chapter six.

          Of course, one of these days I'll solve this problem and work out how to get
          hold of the magazine itself, but that's something I'm still working on...

          So, anyone know if Hayashiya-sensei is still writing this one?

          Haru

          The next generation of Hotmail is here! http://www.newhotma il.co.uk

        • Syk~
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
            Lililicious hasn't dropped the project. Chapter 7 is being edited - I'm the one doing it. If anything, the delay is entirely my fault. So um, sorry. Just wanted to clarify that.
            As for the raws - they are somewhere around there. Japanese P2Ps, the usual places. But well, I must say that you should consider buying it instead (maybe the tankoubon?) because it's awesome and stuff. Really, it's worth it.

            Regards,
            Syk

            On 10/3/07, Haruchin Chigusa <haruchin@...> wrote:

            I was going through my old manga files this morning and found myself
            rediscovering the loveliness that is the first six chapters of Strawberry
            Shake Sweet (displacement activity rules...). I was wondering if anyone
            knows what's become of this series? Is it still being serialised in Yuri
            Hime, or has it stopped? I know that there's only one tank out there, and
            I'm having trouble tracking down scanlations or raws beyond chapter six.

            Of course, one of these days I'll solve this problem and work out how to get
            hold of the magazine itself, but that's something I'm still working on...

            So, anyone know if Hayashiya-sensei is still writing this one?

            Haru

          • Lililicious
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
              Haruchin Chigusa wrote:

              >I was going through my old manga files this morning and found myself
              >rediscovering the loveliness that is the first six chapters of Strawberry
              >Shake Sweet (displacement activity rules...). I was wondering if anyone
              >knows what's become of this series? Is it still being serialised in Yuri
              >Hime, or has it stopped? I know that there's only one tank out there, and
              >I'm having trouble tracking down scanlations or raws beyond chapter six.

              As Syk noted, chapter 7 of the scanlation is currently in editing. The
              chapter 8 from Yuri Hime 3 (there are two chapters labeled "Chapter
              8"--a short 8-page one from Yuri Hime 3 and a normal-length one from
              Yuri Hime 4) is edited, and we plan to release it together with chapter
              7 whenever that one is done.
              In the meantime, for those who do have the hard copies or raws, you can
              read along with the text translations of those two chapters here:
              http://yurizuki.net/scripts.html
              If anyone is interested, we can always use more editors with the massive
              skill and experience required to tackle difficult projects like
              Strawberry Shake Sweet and other Yuri Hime works. We do not need any
              more manga translators at this time.
              One last note: When we are waiting on the release of the Japanese
              edition to continue a project, I usually note it on the project page for
              that work. For example, tankoubon of Sweet Blue Flowers only come out
              once a year, so when we release chapter 13 (which is in the Quality
              Check stage and so should be released fairly soon), I will put a note up
              indicating that volume 3 will not be out in Japan until December or so.

              Erin
            • Haruchin Chigusa
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
                >As Syk noted, chapter 7 of the scanlation is currently in editing. The
                >chapter 8 from Yuri Hime 3 (there are two chapters labeled "Chapter
                >8"--a short 8-page one from Yuri Hime 3 and a normal-length one from
                >Yuri Hime 4) is edited, and we plan to release it together with chapter
                >7 whenever that one is done.
                >In the meantime, for those who do have the hard copies or raws, you can
                >read along with the text translations of those two chapters here:
                >http://yurizuki.net/scripts.html

                Ah, that's great. Thanks Erin and Syk for the swift responses, and Erica too
                - I hadn't realised that I could get magazines through amazon.co.jp as well
                as books. I hope I didn't come over as demanding- I deliberately didn't
                mention the scanlation team since neither I nor anyone else has the right to
                expect work from you chaps. When scanlations come along they're like gifts -
                not to be expected, but to be gratefully received. Or at least, that's how I
                look at it. :) I simply wasn't sure if the series was continuing - the lack
                of material out there got me worried. Of course, now I know it's serialised
                in a quarterly magazine, that makes a lot more sense. (D'oh.) The scripts
                are much appreciated - I can manage to a certain extent with reading
                Japanese, but it's a slow and uncertain process, so translations are
                wonderful. I will of course, be getting the tankoubon - I'm putting my first
                amazon.co.jp package together at the moment, and SSS is most definitely
                included. :)

                >If anyone is interested, we can always use more editors with the massive
                >skill and experience required to tackle difficult projects like
                >Strawberry Shake Sweet and other Yuri Hime works.

                If I had either the skill or experience I would be happy to lend it, but I'm
                afraid I'm lacking in both departments. :) Plus, I'm not sure Paint Shop Pro
                4 is terribly useful on the editing front. lol. Good luck in any case.
                Lililicious does great work, and it's always a pleasure to read your
                releases. Thanks!

                Haru

                Get Pimped! FREE emoticon packs from Windows Live -
                http://www.pimpmylive.co.uk
              • Erin Subramanian
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
                  Haruchin Chigusa wrote:

                  >Ah, that's great. Thanks Erin and Syk for the swift responses, and Erica too
                  >- I hadn't realised that I could get magazines through amazon.co.jp as well
                  >as books.

                  Some online Japanese bookstores don't carry Yuri Hime, but thankfully,
                  Amazon Japan does. :)
                  There's also an online store located in the US that carries it: Akadot
                  Retail. They charge more for the books (to compensate for the cost they
                  have to pay to get them from Japan, I would imagine) but their shipping
                  (within the US, anyway) is much cheaper, so they may be cheaper overall
                  depending on what you want to buy. The downside there is that you can't
                  order through the Yuricon Shop, of course.
                  I've been using http://www.bk1.jp/ for my other manga purchasing needs
                  (they don't carry the Yuri Hime magazine, though they do carry Yuri Hime
                  tankoubon) recently, since they offer more shipping options than Amazon
                  Japan and I would rather pay less for shipping and then wait longer for
                  the books. There's an English guide to using bk1 at:
                  http://www.yaoi.ca/bgbk11.php Again, it's not compatible with the
                  Yuricon Shop, but you could always use all the cash you save on shipping
                  to buy a book from Yuricon if you'd like to support them. ;)

                  >I hope I didn't come over as demanding- I deliberately didn't
                  >mention the scanlation team since neither I nor anyone else has the right to
                  >expect work from you chaps. When scanlations come along they're like gifts -
                  >not to be expected, but to be gratefully received. Or at least, that's how I
                  >look at it. :)

                  Don't worry, you didn't seem demanding at all. Wow, what a great
                  attitude. Thank you. :)
                  We do try not to leave people hanging for too long, but sometimes things
                  do come up, unfortunately. :-/

                  >I simply wasn't sure if the series was continuing - the lack
                  >of material out there got me worried. Of course, now I know it's serialised
                  >in a quarterly magazine, that makes a lot more sense. (D'oh.) The scripts
                  >are much appreciated - I can manage to a certain extent with reading
                  >Japanese, but it's a slow and uncertain process, so translations are
                  >wonderful. I will of course, be getting the tankoubon - I'm putting my first
                  >amazon.co.jp package together at the moment, and SSS is most definitely
                  >included. :)

                  You're welcome. Hope you get lots of fun goodies!

                  >If I had either the skill or experience I would be happy to lend it, but I'm
                  >afraid I'm lacking in both departments. :) Plus, I'm not sure Paint Shop Pro
                  >4 is terribly useful on the editing front. lol. Good luck in any case.
                  >Lililicious does great work, and it's always a pleasure to read your
                  >releases. Thanks!

                  You're welcome, and thanks for the sentiment. :)
                  And yeah, Paint Shop Pro 4 lacks some of the tools and options from
                  later versions that I've found to be pretty essential for editing. ^^

                  Erin
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...>
                    wrote:

                    > And yeah, Paint Shop Pro 4 lacks some of the tools and options from
                    > later versions that I've found to be pretty essential for editing. ^^

                    I would be crippled without my Photoshop 7. :-) All the cleanup,
                    retouching, lettering, etc is done on that. I love Photoshop because
                    even a graphics-impaired person like myself can do fairly tremendous
                    things in it. The way some of the sound effects in YM5 came out really
                    looked good - like someone who knows what they are doing did them,
                    instead of me. :-)

                  • Aereal Reis
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 6, 2007

                      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@>
                      > wrote:
                      >

                      > > And yeah, Paint Shop Pro 4 lacks some of the tools and options from
                      > > later versions that I've found to be pretty essential for editing. ^^
                      >
                      > I would be crippled without my Photoshop 7. :-) All the cleanup,
                      > retouching, lettering, etc is done on that. I love Photoshop because
                      > even a graphics-impaired person like myself can do fairly tremendous
                      > things in it. The way some of the sound effects in YM5 came out really
                      > looked good - like someone who knows what they are doing did them,
                      > instead of me. :-)

                      I use Macromedia Fireworks and it works just sweet for me ^-^ all
                      editing I did for the Hispanic Yuri Community was done with it. I've
                      never used Photoshop but I know it's tremendously popular and useful.