RE: [Yuricon] Re: The most obscure Yuri thing ever? (aka "Rare Yuri Item - get!")

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 30, 2007
      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > From: puni@...
      > Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 08:11:47 +0000
      > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: The most obscure Yuri thing ever? (aka "Rare Yuri Item - get!")

      > http://punistation.fuyucorp.biz/mirror4/ROD-Poster.jpg
      >
      > I scanned it piece by piece, then used Paint Shop Pro to fuse all the
      > parts together... then added my own little touch.
      >
      > Ever since I uploaded it to the FILES section of the Yuricon ML
      > website all those moons ago, I've often seen it pop up in many a
      > message board ROD thread... always with Yomiko reading a certain
      > someone's fanfic. ^__^

      Gave me quite a shock the first time I saw it, too, since it was on an image board.

      Can't help but admit that it makes me smile. :-)

    • Johann Chua
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 9, 2007
        On 9/28/07, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

        > There seems to be a brand new hentai game based on the CL Escalation. I just found
        > the link the other day.

        Back when AltaVista was the best search engine on the Web, I found out
        that CL Escalation had been licensed by a porn company in horribly cut
        up form, along with othe CL installments. I'm guessing they used the
        "college student" excuse and avoid the loli stuff that wouldn't pass
        muster. Wonder if any anime company with an H division would pick the
        original trilogy, or Die Liebe.
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 17, 2007
          After nearly a week of bad days, today was a good day, Hamtaro.

          My copy of the Cream Lemon Escalation novel arrived today, along with
          another incredibly obscure item - a Asamiya Saki doll from
          the "Sukeban Deka" anime, which was a birthday present from the wife.
          In the original packaging and everything. I made toy collectors
          everywhere die of horror and *opened* the bag, so I could take Saki
          out and put her on my shelf in front of the "Sukeban Deka" manga. :-)

          Then I sat and paged through the Escalation novel. It's pretty much
          exactly the anime series, with flowery and laughably purple writing.
          Perfect for the story. I can't wait to have time to read it.

          I have been requested by my Japanese penpal who told me about the
          book to translate it all for you. I make no promises, but we'll put
          it on the pile and see what I can do. It should be pretty
          excruciating. Hey - maybe I'll make it a team project. Get a bunch of
          us on it, one person for each chapter. Then it'll sound totally
          schizophrenic to boot. That would be hysterical...

          Oh, oh, I almost forgot! Got an email from Media Blasters today -
          they are sending me the first ever official copy of Simoun. One more
          for the rare item pile. I asked to have everyone who worked on it
          sign it. We'll see if that happens. :-)

          So those are my newest rare items get. I look forward to trawling
          through Tokyo's basement at Mandarake this winter and seeing what
          other junk I can find. lol

          (who loves being an otaku)
        • Adam Jones
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 17, 2007
            On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:15:04 -0000
            "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

            > I have been requested by my Japanese penpal who told me about the
            > book to translate it all for you. I make no promises, but we'll put
            > it on the pile and see what I can do. It should be pretty
            > excruciating. Hey - maybe I'll make it a team project. Get a bunch of
            > us on it, one person for each chapter. Then it'll sound totally
            > schizophrenic to boot. That would be hysterical...

            I'll happily volunteer to edit said creation - heck, it'd be the first
            and only time I could edit something to make it *more* purple. ;)

            > Oh, oh, I almost forgot! Got an email from Media Blasters today -
            > they are sending me the first ever official copy of Simoun.

            That sound you hear is me, turning a very jealous shade of green.
            .oO("Hmm..." )
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 17, 2007

              > On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:15:04 -0000
              > "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I have been requested by my Japanese penpal who told me about
              the
              > > book to translate it all for you.

              > I'll happily volunteer to edit said creation - heck, it'd be the
              first
              > and only time I could edit something to make it *more* purple. ;)

              Somehow I think editing it would defeat the purpose. :-)

              Looking for Yuri where the girl gets the girl? ALC Publishing has
              what you want! http://www.yuricon.org/shop/manga.html#ALC