Strangers in Paradise (I finally finished).

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30 12:49 AM
      Finally got around to reading the last collected volume.

      All done. No more random western lesbian melodrama for me. With a
      collected volume appearing maybe once a year, it was an otherwise
      enjoyable distraction.

      I still have the collected SiP volume #1 I picked up on a whim from
      the local comic store (The front cover caught my eye, and the back
      cover held promise). That was... what, 1994?

      And now it's over. Damn, I feel old. This one hung in there. I like
      it when western comic series take cues from JP manga, and keep the
      same writer/artist on from start to finish... unless they become TOO
      successful, in which case the franchise MUST outlive the creator's
      disinterest never letting them conclusively end their story.

      ...but that's a discussion that's been done to death on other boards,
      and holds NO interest to me. Never one to read nor glance at the
      individual issues, the SiP collected volumes were truly an enjoyable
      once-a-year read.

      The ending satisfied me, which I know is quite important to the
      writer. He can continue life knowing his product earned my blessing.
      He may rest now. ^__^

      Kisses XXOOXX
      Jen
    • supermandy_warriordm
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2007
        So SiP finally finished? I remember that being recommended to me
        through the Xena fandom. My interest tapered off in the later
        editions, though, because the melodrama started getting a bit too
        painful. ^^; I'll have to look into collecting the last volumes
        again, especially since you say the ending's satisfying. :D

        -Mandy