Random HxB Question

  • Haruchin Chigusa
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2007
      Finally got my hands on the first and mini Hayate x Blade drama CDs
      yesterday... How fantastic are they? How perfect is the casting? I don't
      think I've ever heard anyone doing uncontrollable anger as well as Yukino
      Satsuki does it - just a whole world of awesome.

      Anyway, LFG gushing aside, I've got a random question. I tend to be able to
      recognise accents when I hear them, but I'm much less adept at recognising
      them when they're written - so I was kinda gratified to be borne out in my
      assumption that Moko-chan has a lovely Kansai-ben. However, does Isuzu share
      that accent? I hadn't though that she did - her speech patterns tend to be
      polite and accent-less (as far as I can tell) in the manga - but there was
      one line in the mini-CD that got me wondering. It's when she says that
      she'll follow Moko-chan anywhere, and the line goes on from that like:

      "Tsuitekimasu dokomademo, ano you koete ne honma de."

      Is she deliberately copying Moko-chan? Or maybe quoting her? Or is that her
      genuine accent? She didn't speak enough in either the mini-CD or the main CD
      to let me know for certain. Anyone got any ideas?

      Cheers,
      Haru

      Got a favourite clothes shop, bar or restaurant? Share your local knowledge
      http://www.backofmyhand.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 27, 2007
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Haruchin Chigusa" <haruchin@...>
        wrote:

        > Finally got my hands on the first and mini Hayate x Blade drama
        CDs
        > yesterday... How fantastic are they? How perfect is the casting?

        Cool for you! Fantastic - perfect. ;-)

        I don't
        > think I've ever heard anyone doing uncontrollable anger as well as
        Yukino
        > Satsuki does it - just a whole world of awesome.

        How about the flashback sound effect. Cracks me up every time!

        It's when she says that
        > she'll follow Moko-chan anywhere, and the line goes on from that
        like:

        > "Tsuitekimasu dokomademo, ano you koete ne honma de."

        Which is, of course, the BEST line in the disk.

        > Is she deliberately copying Moko-chan? Or maybe quoting her? Or is
        that her
        > genuine accent? She didn't speak enough in either the mini-CD or
        the main CD
        > to let me know for certain. Anyone got any ideas?

        I haven't seen her say more than a line or two recently in the
        manga, but I have the most recent chapter right here and she doesn't
        seem to speak with an accent on a regular basis.

        We need to ask Noto Mamiko to know for certain. But we can
        conjecture. I think that she is copying her, a little. It's obvious
        that Isuzu is smitten and adores Moka-chan lots and lots. She's so
        puppydog like, I can see her unconsciously mimicking Moka-chan's
        speech.

        Eh - let's just say that and be happy LFGs. :-)

        "Worldshaking" Fanfic - http://www.worldshaking.net