Marimite novels(German)

  • Alkmaion
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 26, 2007
      Marimite novels(German): there are already the first four volumes
      published too...or was that included in 'holding the license'?

      *blinks*

      Just curious...

      Alkmaion

      > As for Marimite, I think it's very obvious that it is in "licensing
      hell" as we say in the industry. On what side, I can't know, but I'm
      inclined to think it's Shueisha, as the novels are also verboten.
      Tokyopop has quite clearly said that they will not be able to release
      those in English, although they hold the German license for them.
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 27, 2007
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Alkmaion" <minyer@...> wrote:

        > Marimite novels(German): there are already the first four volumes
        > published too...or was that included in 'holding the license'?
        >
        > *blinks*

        I think I may have miscommunicated there, my apologies. "Hold" as
        in "possess", not as in "delay." Tokyopop is releasing the marimite
        novels in Germany. They have said that they will not be able to
        release them in America.

        The Tokyopop license has no relation to the Geneon situation, I was
        just commenting on the "licensing hell" issue - that the source
        appeared to be Shueisha, since both Geneon and Tokyopop are meeting
        with resistance to releasing any Marimite in the US.

        My apologies if I was unclear. :-)

        Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
        http://okazu.blogspot.com
      • Grisznak
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 27, 2007
          Hi
          I have these volumes and must I said that german edition is well done and rather cheap. For thos who knows german it's surly interesting thing, along with manga. I hope they'll publish all volumes (imagine how it may looks on the bookshelf).
          Besides, anyone knows how many volumes of Marimite Oyuki Konno is planning to write? 40? 50? Or maybe more?
          regards
          Grisznak

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 27, 2007
            Cheap?
            Debatable...if you already bought the manga, paying 10 Euro to read
            through the same stuff again isn´t something many will do.
            I liked the variancy(manga+book), but I hope that the book will show
            some things the manga doesn´t...otherwise I´d think Tokyopop´s
            policy is doomed.
            And yes, they are quite well done, a very unique format...
            I admire Tokyopop to try something new on this market, but sometimes
            I wonder if the effort will succeed.
            I remember Bastei´s try with the 'Taschenheft' in 1996-1998 with
            'Vampira' and 'Die Ufo-Akten'...was abandoned.

            Though I wonder if making it a series like Zamorra, John Sinclair
            would make these more known(60 pages, weekly or two weekly)
            An already finished light novel series, presented like 'Mission Mars'
            or 'Das Volk der Tiefe'?
            Hmmm...

            Alkmaion