RE: [Yuricon] Re: Newbie coming to Yurisai--any suggestions for how to prepare?

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 5, 2007
      >From: "rei_yuriko" <rei_yuriko@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Newbie coming to Yurisai--any suggestions for how to
      >prepare?
      >Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 17:30:31 -0000
      >

      >I'm so excited. This will be my first time at a Yuricon event too. I
      >wish I could bring my girlfriend but she has work that day... T_T
      >
      >But I can't wait to meet you all!

      This event is going to be an interesting experiment in culture mixing. :-)
      When we ran the Tokyo event, it was a little less risky, because the
      audience didn't *have* expectations. The American audience sort of expects
      certain things - some of which we are doing, and some we are not.

      The "Opening Ceremonies" is mostly going to be me explaining what we were
      thinking when we did that. :-)

      Anyway - come expecting to be part of the entertainment. LOL

      Can you find the hidden words?� Take a break and play Seekadoo!
      http://club.live.com/seekadoo.aspx?icid=seek_hotmailtextlink1
    • rei_yuriko
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2007

        href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0975916068/102-3201148-8743336?ie=UTF8&tag=yuricon-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=0975916068">Amazon</a>

        href="http://http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/0975916068/503-8833905-8530354?ie=UTF8&tag=yuriconandalc-22&linkCode=xm2&camp=247&creativeASIN=0975916068">Amazon
        > JP</a> through September.

        > http://www.yuricon.org

        I Know I will have lots of fun no matter what happens. I'm, not big
        on expecting anything. I like to just see what happens and enjoy
        myself. So this should be great.

        How many people have pre-registered and how many people do you expect
        to come?
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 7, 2007
          >From: "rei_yuriko" <rei_yuriko@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Pre-Reg and Pre-Orders closing soon!
          >Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 20:40:16 -0000
          >
          >I Know I will have lots of fun no matter what happens. I'm, not big
          >on expecting anything. I like to just see what happens and enjoy
          >myself. So this should be great.

          Excellent. :-)

          >How many people have pre-registered and how many people do you expect
          >to come?

          I hope you don't mind if I don't answer that. It's one of those things that
          cons like to be a tad cagey about until the final numbers are in. :-)

          Discover sweet stuff waiting for you at the Messenger Cafe.� Claim your
          treat today!
          http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_SeptHMtagline2
        • rei_yuriko
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 8, 2007
            > >I Know I will have lots of fun no matter what happens. I'm, not big
            > >on expecting anything. I like to just see what happens and enjoy
            > >myself. So this should be great.
            >
            > Excellent. :-)
            > >
            > >How many people have pre-registered and how many people do you expect
            > >to come?
            >
            > I hope you don't mind if I don't answer that. It's one of those
            things that
            > cons like to be a tad cagey about until the final numbers are in. :-)

            > http://www.yuricon.org
            > Hiungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com

            > Discover sweet stuff waiting for you at the Messenger Cafe. Claim your
            > treat today!

            http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_SeptHMtagline2

            Thats ok I understand. ^w^