[OT] Off-topic but of interest to any GLBT writers

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2007
      I found this on PRWeb yesterday and thought it might be of interest.
      <http://www.prweb.com/pingpr.php/
      UGlnZy1NYWduLUhvcnItSGFsZi1UaGlyLVplcm8=>

      ***

      Calling all gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer authors.
      Submit your original prose and poetry for publication in Queer
      Collection: Prose & Poetry 2008.

      Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) September 3, 2007 -- If you're a gay, lesbian,
      bisexual, transgender or queer author, Fabulist Flash Publishing
      wants to include your original works of poetry, creative nonfiction
      and fiction in its new book, Queer Collection: Prose and Poetry 2008.

      Queer Collection: Prose and Poetry 2008 is an annual anthology
      featuring the best prose and poetry written by the queer community,
      for the queer community.

      What Fabulist Flash Publishing is looking for: Creative original
      prose and poetry by and for a gay, lesbian, bi, transgender and queer
      audience. Fiction, nonfiction and poetry will be considered.
      Previously published material will be considered including stories,
      poems, articles and book excerpts. Author must hold reprint rights to
      previously published material.

      Each submission will be reviewed and considered based on creativity,
      originality, concept, and style. Reading will be continuous and
      submissions will be considered as they arrive. Not all works will be
      accepted. There is no entry or reading fee. The deadline for
      submissions is December 31, 2007.

      Submissions will be selected for publication in Queer Collection:
      Prose and Poetry 2008 by Gregory A. Kompes. Mr. Kompes holds a degree
      in English literature from Columbia University, New York and is the
      author of the bestselling 50 Fabulous Gay-Friendly Places to Live
      (Career Press). He is editor of The Fabulist Flash, a newsletter for
      writers, Eighteen Questions, a Writer's Digest 101 Best Website for
      2007 and the Patchwork Path series.

      Queer Collection: Prose and Poetry 2008 will have a publication date
      of June 2008. For more information, including complete submission
      guidelines visit Queer Collection Prose & Poetry. (http://
      www.queercollection.com/)

      ***

      Obviously, if you have any questions, check their website and contact
      them directly - I've never eve heard of the group, I just saw the
      Press Release and thought it looked interesting. :-)

    • Jamie Wells
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2007
        Neat!  I'll have to submit something.  Thank goodness I have until December.  I have a creative writing course this semester that I hope will raise my level of writing.  ^^

        atheniag <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
[...]

        Got a little couch potato?

      • Ellen Kuhfeld
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2007
          I think I might try that. But I'll have to think twice, 'cause the best story I currently have for such an-thology is well over the 3000-word limit.

          Ellen Rose

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 2007
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Wells <tigrisataica@...> wrote:

            > Neat! I'll have to submit something. Thank goodness I have until
            December. I have a creative writing course this semester that I hope
            will raise my level of writing. ^^

            > atheniag <anilesbocon01@...> wrote: I
            found this on PRWeb yesterday and thought it might be of interest.
            > <http://www.prweb.com/pingpr.php/
            > UGlnZy1NYWduLUhvcnItSGFsZi1UaGlyLVplcm8=>
            >
            > ***
            >
            > Calling all gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer authors.
            > Submit your original prose and poetry for publication in Queer
            > Collection: Prose & Poetry 2008.
            >
            > Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) September 3, 2007 -- If you're a gay, lesbian,
            > bisexual, transgender or queer author, Fabulist Flash Publishing
            > wants to include your original works of poetry, creative nonfiction
            > and fiction in its new book, Queer Collection: Prose and Poetry 2008.
            >
            > Queer Collection: Prose and Poetry 2008 is an annual anthology
            > featuring the best prose and poetry written by the queer community,
            > for the queer community.
            >
            > What Fabulist Flash Publishing is looking for: Creative original
            > prose and poetry by and for a gay, lesbian, bi, transgender and queer
            > audience. Fiction, nonfiction and poetry will be considered.
            > Previously published material will be considered including stories,
            > poems, articles and book excerpts. Author must hold reprint rights to
            > previously published material.
            >
            > Each submission will be reviewed and considered based on creativity,
            > originality, concept, and style. Reading will be continuous and
            > submissions will be considered as they arrive. Not all works will be
            > accepted. There is no entry or reading fee. The deadline for
            > submissions is December 31, 2007.
            >
            > Submissions will be selected for publication in Queer Collection:
            > Prose and Poetry 2008 by Gregory A. Kompes. Mr. Kompes holds a degree
            > in English literature from Columbia University, New York and is the
            > author of the bestselling 50 Fabulous Gay-Friendly Places to Live
            > (Career Press). He is editor of The Fabulist Flash, a newsletter for
            > writers, Eighteen Questions, a Writer's Digest 101 Best Website for
            > 2007 and the Patchwork Path series.
            >
            > Queer Collection: Prose and Poetry 2008 will have a publication date
            > of June 2008. For more information, including complete submission
            > guidelines visit Queer Collection Prose & Poetry. (http://
            > www.queercollection.com/)
            >
            > ***
            >
            > Obviously, if you have any questions, check their website and contact
            > them directly - I've never eve heard of the group, I just saw the
            > Press Release and thought it looked interesting. :-)

            > Got a little couch potato?

            That sounds really cool. I'll have to right something for it. It
            would be awesome if it got published but it gives me a reason to write
            and thats good too, because I love to write.