Re: Newbie coming to Yurisai--any suggestions for how to prepare?

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2007
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "sarasusamiga" <sarasusamiga@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm looking forward to attending Yurisai, and have already
      submitted
      > my registration.
      >
      > Though I attended last year's Otakon, I don't have much experience
      > with smaller, more specialized fan events of this kind. I've read
      the
      > FAQ about it at Yuricon.org, but does anyone here have tips on
      what to
      > bring with me (apart from money to spend on yuri goodies!)? Will
      there
      > be any food available for purchase at the event location, or will I
      > need to bring my own/be prepared to go outside the site to buy
      food?

      Hi Sara!

      Looking forward to having you at the Yurisai. :-)

      The hotel we're holding the event at, the Gateway Hilton in Newark
      has a hotel restaurant, and an atrium/mall with some cafe and fast-
      food places to eat. It's attached by a walkway to the newark train
      station, which also hase a variety of small delis and fast-food
      places to eat, so you'll have a wide variety of places to choose from.

      The hotel is also around the corner from Newark's Ironbound district,
      which has some of the finest Portugese/Spanish cuisine outside
      Portugal. :-)

      You can learn more about the hotel and the immediate area at:
      http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/EWRHGHF-Hilton-Newark-Penn-
      Station-New-Jersey/index.do

      I will ask you to bring one thing - questions! Bring your questions
      for the panelists and your enthusiasm and passion for Yuri, and
      you're sure to have a great time. We have a list of Panels and
      Workshops up on the website now at: http://www.yuricon.org/events/
      07panels.html

      We'll see you there!

    • rei_yuriko
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 5, 2007

        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "sarasusamiga" <sarasusamiga@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm looking forward to attending Yurisai, and have already
        > submitted
        > > my registration.
        > >
        > > Though I attended last year's Otakon, I don't have much experience
        > > with smaller, more specialized fan events of this kind. I've read
        > the
        > > FAQ about it at Yuricon.org, but does anyone here have tips on
        > what to
        > > bring with me (apart from money to spend on yuri goodies!)? Will
        > there
        > > be any food available for purchase at the event location, or will I
        > > need to bring my own/be prepared to go outside the site to buy
        > food?
        >
        > Hi Sara!
        >
        > Looking forward to having you at the Yurisai. :-)
        >
        > The hotel we're holding the event at, the Gateway Hilton in Newark
        > has a hotel restaurant, and an atrium/mall with some cafe and fast-
        > food places to eat. It's attached by a walkway to the newark train
        > station, which also hase a variety of small delis and fast-food
        > places to eat, so you'll have a wide variety of places to choose from.
        >
        > The hotel is also around the corner from Newark's Ironbound district,
        > which has some of the finest Portugese/Spanish cuisine outside
        > Portugal. :-)
        >
        > You can learn more about the hotel and the immediate area at:
        > http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/EWRHGHF-Hilton-Newark-Penn-
        > Station-New-Jersey/index.do
        >

        > I will ask you to bring one thing - questions! Bring your questions
        > for the panelists and your enthusiasm and passion for Yuri, and
        > you're sure to have a great time. We have a list of Panels and
        > Workshops up on the website now at: http://www.yuricon.org/events/
        > 07panels.html
        >
        > We'll see you there!

        I'm so excited. This will be my first time at a Yuricon event too. I
        wish I could bring my girlfriend but she has work that day... T_T

        But I can't wait to meet you all!
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 5, 2007
          >From: "rei_yuriko" <rei_yuriko@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Newbie coming to Yurisai--any suggestions for how to
          >prepare?
          >Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 17:30:31 -0000
          >

          >I'm so excited. This will be my first time at a Yuricon event too. I
          >wish I could bring my girlfriend but she has work that day... T_T
          >
          >But I can't wait to meet you all!

          This event is going to be an interesting experiment in culture mixing. :-)
          When we ran the Tokyo event, it was a little less risky, because the
          audience didn't *have* expectations. The American audience sort of expects
          certain things - some of which we are doing, and some we are not.

          The "Opening Ceremonies" is mostly going to be me explaining what we were
          thinking when we did that. :-)

          Anyway - come expecting to be part of the entertainment. LOL

          Can you find the hidden words?� Take a break and play Seekadoo!
          http://club.live.com/seekadoo.aspx?icid=seek_hotmailtextlink1
        • rei_yuriko
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 7, 2007

            href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0975916068/102-3201148-8743336?ie=UTF8&tag=yuricon-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=0975916068">Amazon</a>

            href="http://http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/0975916068/503-8833905-8530354?ie=UTF8&tag=yuriconandalc-22&linkCode=xm2&camp=247&creativeASIN=0975916068">Amazon
            > JP</a> through September.

            > http://www.yuricon.org

            I Know I will have lots of fun no matter what happens. I'm, not big
            on expecting anything. I like to just see what happens and enjoy
            myself. So this should be great.

            How many people have pre-registered and how many people do you expect
            to come?
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 7, 2007
              >From: "rei_yuriko" <rei_yuriko@...>
              >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Pre-Reg and Pre-Orders closing soon!
              >Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 20:40:16 -0000
              >
              >I Know I will have lots of fun no matter what happens. I'm, not big
              >on expecting anything. I like to just see what happens and enjoy
              >myself. So this should be great.

              Excellent. :-)

              >How many people have pre-registered and how many people do you expect
              >to come?

              I hope you don't mind if I don't answer that. It's one of those things that
              cons like to be a tad cagey about until the final numbers are in. :-)

              Discover sweet stuff waiting for you at the Messenger Cafe.� Claim your
              treat today!
              http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_SeptHMtagline2
            • rei_yuriko
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 8, 2007
                > >I Know I will have lots of fun no matter what happens. I'm, not big
                > >on expecting anything. I like to just see what happens and enjoy
                > >myself. So this should be great.
                >
                > Excellent. :-)
                > >
                > >How many people have pre-registered and how many people do you expect
                > >to come?
                >
                > I hope you don't mind if I don't answer that. It's one of those
                things that
                > cons like to be a tad cagey about until the final numbers are in. :-)

                > http://www.yuricon.org
                > Hiungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com

                > Discover sweet stuff waiting for you at the Messenger Cafe. Claim your
                > treat today!

                http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_SeptHMtagline2

                Thats ok I understand. ^w^