Pre-Reg and Pre-Orders closing soon!

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2007
      Just some quickie reminders:

      Yuricon's 2007 "Yurisai" event closes on <span
      style="font-weight:bold;">September 7</span>.

      href="http://www.yuricon.org/shop/manga.hrml#YM5">Yuricon Shop</a>
      will close on September 8. You can still pre-order <i>YM5</i> on <a
      href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0975916068/102-3201148-8743336?ie=UTF8&tag=yuricon-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=0975916068">Amazon</a>
      and <a
      href="http://http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/0975916068/503-8833905-8530354?ie=UTF8&tag=yuriconandalc-22&linkCode=xm2&camp=247&creativeASIN=0975916068">Amazon
      JP</a> through September.

    • sarasusamiga
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2007
        I'm looking forward to attending Yurisai, and have already submitted
        my registration.

        Though I attended last year's Otakon, I don't have much experience
        with smaller, more specialized fan events of this kind. I've read the
        FAQ about it at Yuricon.org, but does anyone here have tips on what to
        bring with me (apart from money to spend on yuri goodies!)? Will there
        be any food available for purchase at the event location, or will I
        need to bring my own/be prepared to go outside the site to buy food?

        Thanks! And see you all there...

        Sara Palmer
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2007
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "sarasusamiga" <sarasusamiga@...>
          wrote:

          > I'm looking forward to attending Yurisai, and have already
          submitted
          > my registration.
          >
          > Though I attended last year's Otakon, I don't have much experience
          > with smaller, more specialized fan events of this kind. I've read
          the
          > FAQ about it at Yuricon.org, but does anyone here have tips on
          what to
          > bring with me (apart from money to spend on yuri goodies!)? Will
          there
          > be any food available for purchase at the event location, or will I
          > need to bring my own/be prepared to go outside the site to buy
          food?

          Hi Sara!

          Looking forward to having you at the Yurisai. :-)

          The hotel we're holding the event at, the Gateway Hilton in Newark
          has a hotel restaurant, and an atrium/mall with some cafe and fast-
          food places to eat. It's attached by a walkway to the newark train
          station, which also hase a variety of small delis and fast-food
          places to eat, so you'll have a wide variety of places to choose from.

          The hotel is also around the corner from Newark's Ironbound district,
          which has some of the finest Portugese/Spanish cuisine outside
          Portugal. :-)

          You can learn more about the hotel and the immediate area at:
          http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/EWRHGHF-Hilton-Newark-Penn-
          Station-New-Jersey/index.do

          I will ask you to bring one thing - questions! Bring your questions
          for the panelists and your enthusiasm and passion for Yuri, and
          you're sure to have a great time. We have a list of Panels and
          Workshops up on the website now at: http://www.yuricon.org/events/
          07panels.html

          We'll see you there!

        • rei_yuriko
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 5, 2007

            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "sarasusamiga" <sarasusamiga@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm looking forward to attending Yurisai, and have already
            > submitted
            > > my registration.
            > >
            > > Though I attended last year's Otakon, I don't have much experience
            > > with smaller, more specialized fan events of this kind. I've read
            > the
            > > FAQ about it at Yuricon.org, but does anyone here have tips on
            > what to
            > > bring with me (apart from money to spend on yuri goodies!)? Will
            > there
            > > be any food available for purchase at the event location, or will I
            > > need to bring my own/be prepared to go outside the site to buy
            > food?
            >
            > Hi Sara!
            >
            > Looking forward to having you at the Yurisai. :-)
            >
            > The hotel we're holding the event at, the Gateway Hilton in Newark
            > has a hotel restaurant, and an atrium/mall with some cafe and fast-
            > food places to eat. It's attached by a walkway to the newark train
            > station, which also hase a variety of small delis and fast-food
            > places to eat, so you'll have a wide variety of places to choose from.
            >
            > The hotel is also around the corner from Newark's Ironbound district,
            > which has some of the finest Portugese/Spanish cuisine outside
            > Portugal. :-)
            >
            > You can learn more about the hotel and the immediate area at:
            > http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/EWRHGHF-Hilton-Newark-Penn-
            > Station-New-Jersey/index.do
            >

            > I will ask you to bring one thing - questions! Bring your questions
            > for the panelists and your enthusiasm and passion for Yuri, and
            > you're sure to have a great time. We have a list of Panels and
            > Workshops up on the website now at: http://www.yuricon.org/events/
            > 07panels.html
            >
            > We'll see you there!

            I'm so excited. This will be my first time at a Yuricon event too. I
            wish I could bring my girlfriend but she has work that day... T_T

            But I can't wait to meet you all!
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 5, 2007
              >From: "rei_yuriko" <rei_yuriko@...>
              >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Newbie coming to Yurisai--any suggestions for how to
              >prepare?
              >Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 17:30:31 -0000
              >

              >I'm so excited. This will be my first time at a Yuricon event too. I
              >wish I could bring my girlfriend but she has work that day... T_T
              >
              >But I can't wait to meet you all!

              This event is going to be an interesting experiment in culture mixing. :-)
              When we ran the Tokyo event, it was a little less risky, because the
              audience didn't *have* expectations. The American audience sort of expects
              certain things - some of which we are doing, and some we are not.

              The "Opening Ceremonies" is mostly going to be me explaining what we were
              thinking when we did that. :-)

              Anyway - come expecting to be part of the entertainment. LOL

              Can you find the hidden words?� Take a break and play Seekadoo!
              http://club.live.com/seekadoo.aspx?icid=seek_hotmailtextlink1
            • rei_yuriko
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 7, 2007

                > Just some quickie reminders:

                > Yuricon's 2007 "Yurisai" event closes on <span
                > style="font-weight:bold;">September 7</span>.

                > href="http://www.yuricon.org/shop/manga.hrml#YM5">Yuricon Shop</a>
                > will close on September 8. You can still pre-order <i>YM5</i> on <a

                href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0975916068/102-3201148-8743336?ie=UTF8&tag=yuricon-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=0975916068">Amazon</a>
                > and <a

                href="http://http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/0975916068/503-8833905-8530354?ie=UTF8&tag=yuriconandalc-22&linkCode=xm2&camp=247&creativeASIN=0975916068">Amazon
                > JP</a> through September.

                > http://www.yuricon.org

                I Know I will have lots of fun no matter what happens. I'm, not big
                on expecting anything. I like to just see what happens and enjoy
                myself. So this should be great.

                How many people have pre-registered and how many people do you expect
                to come?
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 7, 2007
                  >From: "rei_yuriko" <rei_yuriko@...>
                  >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Pre-Reg and Pre-Orders closing soon!
                  >Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 20:40:16 -0000
                  >
                  >I Know I will have lots of fun no matter what happens. I'm, not big
                  >on expecting anything. I like to just see what happens and enjoy
                  >myself. So this should be great.

                  Excellent. :-)

                  >How many people have pre-registered and how many people do you expect
                  >to come?

                  I hope you don't mind if I don't answer that. It's one of those things that
                  cons like to be a tad cagey about until the final numbers are in. :-)

                  Discover sweet stuff waiting for you at the Messenger Cafe.� Claim your
                  treat today!
                  http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_SeptHMtagline2
                • rei_yuriko
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 8, 2007
                    > >I Know I will have lots of fun no matter what happens. I'm, not big
                    > >on expecting anything. I like to just see what happens and enjoy
                    > >myself. So this should be great.
                    >
                    > Excellent. :-)
                    > >
                    > >How many people have pre-registered and how many people do you expect
                    > >to come?
                    >
                    > I hope you don't mind if I don't answer that. It's one of those
                    things that
                    > cons like to be a tad cagey about until the final numbers are in. :-)

                    > http://www.yuricon.org
                    > Hiungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com

                    > Discover sweet stuff waiting for you at the Messenger Cafe. Claim your
                    > treat today!

                    http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_SeptHMtagline2

                    Thats ok I understand. ^w^