The Countdown to the "Yurisai" is on!

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2007
      There are just about ten (10!) days left for <a
      href="http://yc07.eventbrite.com">Pre-registration</a> to Yuricon's
      2007 "Yurisai" event.

      I just boxed up all the manga I'll be bringing for the Yuri
      Library...it's a lot of manga...and even more doujinshi. Some of it
      has never before been seen in America, some of it will be stuff that
      you will never see again. (That's not meant to sound as ominous as it
      does....lol)

      And time is also counting down on the Yurisai" <a
      href="http://www.yuricon.org/events/07Art.html">Poster</a> and <a
      href="http://www.yuricon.org/events/07FF.html">Fanfiction</a>
      Contests. Our theme is, quite naturally, "Fairs and Festivals". We
      know that you'll have a great time out our Festival of Lilies, and we
      want to see your artwork and stories showing our mascots Yuriko and
      Midori enjoying fairs and festivals too. Ferris Wheels or goldfish
      scooping, running with the bulls or watching fireworks over a lake -
      you decide the festival and show or tell us all about it. Check out
      the submission deadlines on the <a
      href="http://www.yuricon.org/events/07index.html">Yurisai home page</a>.

      Get those entries in before the September 7 deadline and we'll see you
      at the "Yurisai in 33 days!
    • Frog
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27, 2007
        Ah! I see... actually no I don't...
        I had a question about the poster contest. On the submission
        guidelines page there is no mention of the festival theme. The only
        requirement is to have Yuriko et al in the pic. So does it have to be
        a festival theme necessarily?
        See, I've been working on an entry but it does not fit into the
        theme... bummer if it has to be a festival theme...
        I'll still bring it but I really would have liked to enter the
        contest.
        Sad,
        Frog

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 28, 2007
          >From: "Frog" <the_amphibian@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: The Countdown to the "Yurisai" is on!
          >Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:49:01 -0000
          >
          >Ah! I see... actually no I don't...
          >I had a question about the poster contest. On the submission
          >guidelines page there is no mention of the festival theme. The only
          >requirement is to have Yuriko et al in the pic. So does it have to be
          >a festival theme necessarily?

          For the poster contest, yes.

          The guidelines page was updated a few days ago to include that. My apologies
          for any confusion.

          >See, I've been working on an entry but it does not fit into the
          >theme... bummer if it has to be a festival theme...
          >I'll still bring it but I really would have liked to enter the
          >contest.

          You're welcome to have it as part of the Art Show! People will still be able
          to enjoy it that way. :-)

          Now you can see trouble´┐Żbefore he arrives
          http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_protection_0507
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 6 5:57 PM
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Frog" <the_amphibian@...> wrote:

            > Ah! I see... actually no I don't...
            > I had a question about the poster contest. On the submission
            > guidelines page there is no mention of the festival theme. The only
            > requirement is to have Yuriko et al in the pic. So does it have to
            be
            > a festival theme necessarily?

            I know that this is kind of late, but I wanted to say that I rescind
            my earlier comment. Because the mistake was mine - no, it doesn't
            have to be about festivals. We'rethrilled that you're drawing us a
            poster and really, I just want to see it. :-) I'll tell the art
            person to accept it into the contest whatever its about. :-)