OT- was Re: El Cazador, the Yuri has arrived

  • Lori
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 9, 2007
      > Which is why I said, even if it isn't on the shop, click through the
      > shop. We still get referrer fees. :-)

      Ah cool, ok! How do you get the referral, I mean, can I do this once a
      day, or do I have to actually click through and complete a sale? I
      would be glad to help this site. If the latter is true, I will do this
      anytime I buy anime or manga.
    • Jo Wagner
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 11, 2007
        In the majority of the episodes I do agree that they seem to be going for a far more comedic bent than Noir or Madlax.  In my opinion this is unfortunate because so many other anime series are comedy based, and Noir and Madlax set a precedent of excellence in style and mood that El Cazador de la Bruja doesn't seem to be living up to.  That being said it seems like they've done a superlative job at whatever it is they are trying to do.  The mystery surrounding Ellis and L.A. has been building up in pretty much the same dynamic that the first two series had.  Though, by episode 19 it strikes me as frustrating that we don't have a clear understanding of the agendas behind Doug and Blue-Eyes, and only hints at what Winyay Marka might be.

        Fortunately, the yuri does seem to be getting much better.  In the most recent episodes I felt so sad for Ellis.  It seemed like she was trying so hard to win Nadie's affection, but the girl is pretty oblivious.  Episode 18 was great in that it alludes to what's boiling beneath the surface with Ellis.  In episode 19 the scene in the restaurant where Ellis says "kitekurenai..." is neat in that it sort of bridges the gap between her earlier innocence and her burgeoning feelings, while at the same time retaining its non-yuri comedy.  I won't comment on the "shower betsu betsu" scene though for spoiler's sake.

        ~Senbei

        --

        "Pray that when you arise from the darkness it will not be as a revengeful horsemen of the apocalypse, but as an avenging angel..." ~The Old Abbey, La Comte de Monte Cristo