Re: [Yuricon] Re: Claymore

  • Chikane Himemiya
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2007
      *chuckles lightly* I still say don't go holding your breath for Jeane/Claire. Yes, things COULD progress........

      !!

      Jeane dies saving Claire. Claire cries and screams, yes, and that's about the closest you get to that bond. I find it rather fucking sad. I would have loved to see the two of them together to some degree. But I've been reading the manga alone with watching the anime and if it continues to follow the manga as closely as it has, this WILL come to pass. As well as a second season. I already know there will be one.

      Digital Dolphin <digitaldolphin@...> wrote:
      (de-lurking at the mention of Claymore)

      I've been watching Claymore since it first started getting subbed, and all I can say is I've loved every minute of it. Like some others who have posted about it, I don't really know if there is any real yuri happening in the anime, the hinting is a little weak even.... but it still tickles me in that way that only yuri and wishful yuri thinking can... I already feel pretty strongly about the Claire/Jeanne pairing (maybe not as lovers, but some close bond at least). Really, the bonds in Claymore are just really really sweet and touching.

      I'm part of a small group of friends who gets together every Saturday to watch anime. Every one of us, even our yaoi fangirl member, eagerly awaits the ritual watching of Claymore each week. It's one of the animes that no one is allowed to watch without everyone else, so that we can all enjoy it together at the same time.

      -Greg

      "Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It's means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections."

      Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!