Re: shameless self-promotion

  • robertbasiewicz
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3, 2007
      Wow really nice piece of work^^ Gotta get myself the song, rly liked
      it. Damn hard to describe in english what i want to say ( *getting
      angry at himself for his pathetic english skills*:p ). I liked how
      scenes were matched with song, rly nice done. Also i liked thermal
      like colors changing. Only parts i disliked a bit were repeating same
      movement of characters ( it kinda didn't give the same feel as the
      whole amv, i mean i don't rly think this kind of effect is destined
      for this kind of song:p ). Also sometimes movement wasn't smooth
      enough i guess, like if i remember correct kiss scene when they
      actualy moved like 3 times only and it felt kinda strange to me.
      Anyway despite these small flaws it was great work you have done^^ Thx
      for sharing with us.
      Oh and i hope you somehow managed to figure what i meant with my
      words, cause i'm not too confident about my skills.
    • jennchow123
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3, 2007
        wow! i love it!! the song.. phew.. it was REALLY great. in the beginnin
        i didnt think it matched too well, but as the beat starting building, i
        couldnt help but fall in love with it =) i was amazed at how you
        synchronized some scenes with the song.. anywho... great job =)

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "robertbasiewicz" <robertbasiewicz@...>
        wrote:

        > Wow really nice piece of work^^ Gotta get myself the song, rly liked
        > it. Damn hard to describe in english what i want to say ( *getting
        > angry at himself for his pathetic english skills*:p ). I liked how
        > scenes were matched with song, rly nice done. Also i liked thermal
        > like colors changing. Only parts i disliked a bit were repeating same
        > movement of characters ( it kinda didn't give the same feel as the
        > whole amv, i mean i don't rly think this kind of effect is destined
        > for this kind of song:p ). Also sometimes movement wasn't smooth
        > enough i guess, like if i remember correct kiss scene when they
        > actualy moved like 3 times only and it felt kinda strange to me.
        > Anyway despite these small flaws it was great work you have done^^ Thx
        > for sharing with us.
        > Oh and i hope you somehow managed to figure what i meant with my
        > words, cause i'm not too confident about my skills.

      • Jamie Wells
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3, 2007
          Love the AMV
          And your name ;)

          Jamie <kyuketshki@...> wrote:
          I would like to (shamelessly) promote my newest AMV project
          "The Last Walk"
          (KnM)   Imogen Heap-The Walk

          located
          http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=cExbDP26oz4
          or here
          http://www.animemus icvideos. org/members/ members_videoinf o.php?v=147364

          (being my first truly yuri-themed amv) I am rater proud of it, and I was hoping that some other people would enjoy  it too.
          Thanks!

          Ha ha!
          Tu n�trouv� pas moi!
          Je m�appelle la baguette Monsieur!

          (this is why it's told in English)

          Building a website is a piece of cake.

          Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3, 2007
            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Yuricon] shameless self-promotion
            >Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 13:24:46 -0700 (PDT)
            >
            >I would like to (shamelessly) promote my newest AMV project
            >"The Last Walk"
            >(KnM) Imogen Heap-The Walk

            If you haven't already, you might want to enter it into the Yuricon AMV
            contest - there's still time:

            http://www.yuricon.org/events/07AMV.html

            Tease your brain--play Clink! Win cool prizes!
          • Lori
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 3, 2007
              Wow, that is truely amazing. It must have taken a lot of time and
              effort, getting all the timing perfect, getting all the clips together
              that might be appropriate for the context of the theme, etc. Just
              curious, what program do you use? After Effects?

              I wanted to do something like that with videos of my cats, and photo
              clips. I have After Effects but not sure how to pick out points in the
              audio to synch the video to.
            • torpid_spindity
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
                It's really good! You have some fairly well-timed segments, and I like
                your use of effects throughout. Moar!!
              • Jamie
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
                  Thank you so much for all the feedback!
                  I have entered this video in the Yuricon AMV contest (for those of you who asked).
                  I am happy that so many of you enjoyed it!

                  Ha ha!
                  Tu n’trouvé pas moi!
                  Je m’appelle la baguette Monsieur!

                  (this is why it's told in English)