Re: [Yuricon] Re: Claymore

  • Ah... Me
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2007
      The only thing that even hinted something was way back at the beginning... When Clare got the Black Card... and had to kill her yearmate/friend... She said they would hold each other through the pain of training and stuff....  So,there might be yuri happening in the Claymore Association... but not what we see in the show...

      Thespi

      Chikane Himemiya <chikane_himiko@...> wrote:
      Don't hold your breath for Jeane/Clare.

      josephglanvill <s0235438@sms. ed.ac.uk> wrote:
      > It's been discussed some as to whether it really qualified as yuri
      > between Clare and Thereasa. I think general consensus was that
      > that particular aspect was more of a big sister/little sister
      > arrangement.

      I tend to agree with the assessment that there was no Teresa/Clare
      slash, but there is more than enough of it elsewhere. My money is
      all riding on Jeanne/Clare at the moment.

      I enjoy watching it too. As I said, it's wierdly compelling.

      > Oh really? Didn't think that there were two shows with the same
      name.
      > I'm only watching the other. :P

      Blackskaven, my comment arises from the fact that the Awakened Ones
      are basically Apostles. Anyone who's read Berserk recognises the
      similarity, to put it mildly, not to mention the swords.

      And anyone who spent an indecent amount of time watching badly dubbed
      DBZ recognises some lines & situations that are practically
      verbatim. I'd be happy to hash this one out.

      Fanusi Khiyal

      "Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It's means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections. "

      The only reason that cats tolerate humans is that they haven't found a
      better slave race, YET.

      "Hey, who tidied the Brimstone?!" HELL, from "Summon the Keeper" by Tanya Huff

      Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

    • Digital Dolphin
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2007
        (de-lurking at the mention of Claymore)

        I've been watching Claymore since it first started getting subbed, and all I can say is I've loved every minute of it. Like some others who have posted about it, I don't really know if there is any real yuri happening in the anime, the hinting is a little weak even.... but it still tickles me in that way that only yuri and wishful yuri thinking can... I already feel pretty strongly about the Claire/Jeanne pairing (maybe not as lovers, but some close bond at least). Really, the bonds in Claymore are just really really sweet and touching.

        I'm part of a small group of friends who gets together every Saturday to watch anime. Every one of us, even our yaoi fangirl member, eagerly awaits the ritual watching of Claymore each week. It's one of the animes that no one is allowed to watch without everyone else, so that we can all enjoy it together at the same time.

        -Greg
      • Chikane Himemiya
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2007
          *chuckles lightly* I still say don't go holding your breath for Jeane/Claire. Yes, things COULD progress........

          !!

          Jeane dies saving Claire. Claire cries and screams, yes, and that's about the closest you get to that bond. I find it rather fucking sad. I would have loved to see the two of them together to some degree. But I've been reading the manga alone with watching the anime and if it continues to follow the manga as closely as it has, this WILL come to pass. As well as a second season. I already know there will be one.

          Digital Dolphin <digitaldolphin@...> wrote:
[...]

          Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!