Re: [Yuricon] So, how do we feel about Fate and Nanoha being lesbian moms?

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 12, 2007
      On Jul 12, 2007, at 2:26 PM, atheniag wrote:
      > Thoughts? It's presented as so normal that no one in the series
      > really has *any* reaction to it all, much less commenting on Fate's
      > inability to stop adopting kids, much like Angelina Jolie. ;-)It's
      > one more thing in the list of things that reinforce (no, no pun
      > intended, thank you) Nanoha's and Fate's relationship as a couple.
      >
      > I think it's really refreshing that they are, like Haruka and
      > Michiru, simply seen as a couple. Period. No histrionics, no angst,
      > no anything, other than two women together. It would be nice if they
      > touched once in a while though. :-)

      While I agree with the above, I don't think we'll be getting any
      clearer signs of their coupledom. My impression is that the producers
      intentionally left out any obvious signs of a relationship, like
      spoken declarations, actual physical touching, all in effort not to
      offend any of shippers, (NanohaxYuuno, mostly it seems.) And to milk/
      play the entire fanbase.
      Just to play Devil's Advocate, here: if you just take each scene of
      NxF to date in StrikerS at face value, and ignore the subtext and the
      implications, then there's really nothing to suggest any relationship
      beyond platonic, maybe shinyuu at their most intimate. Then add the
      single line of Fate's about how Nanoha and Yuuno are "connected in
      their hearts" and you have the beginnings of beautiful relationship.
      I think religions were founded on less.
      But, there's the big, pluffy bed as a constant reminder of all that
      is wrong with the above scenario. Plus, it seems like a lot of work
      to constantly deny the obvious. I'll take the path of least
      resistance, thanks. NxF for teh win.

      -==-
      Serge
      "Visually Impressive!" -- Precocious Curmudgeon
      http://ximatl.blogspot.com
      http://albikal.blogspot.com
    • Aereal Reis
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 13, 2007
        I totally agree, its seen so normal the only reaction I've seen is
        when the girl with glasses says "Ehhh!?" when pointed out at the fact
        Nanoha Fate and kid feel like a family. But I also feel the same Erica
        does about touching, they haven't even hugged in the whole season that
        I've seen, not even kissed on the cheek, so yes, some more touching
        would be very nice >.>
      • Susan Davis
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 13, 2007
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Aereal Reis" <neo_hrtgdv@...> wrote:

          > yes, some more touching would be very nice

          While the yuri fan in me agrees, I can't help but recall a scene from
          _Marmalade Boy_ where one of the moms is shocked and flattered when
          Michael from America gives her a kiss on the cheek one morning. Would
          more touching be culturally appropriate for a *straight* family?

          --
          Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 13, 2007
            >From: "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...>
            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: So, how do we feel about Fate and Nanoha being
            >lesbian moms?
            >Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:15:31 -0000
            >
            >While the yuri fan in me agrees, I can't help but recall a scene from
            >_Marmalade Boy_ where one of the moms is shocked and flattered when
            >Michael from America gives her a kiss on the cheek one morning. Would
            >more touching be culturally appropriate for a *straight* family?

            Not to detract from talking about lesbian characters, but IIRC, MB was the
            series with the hot closet makeout scene between the idiots, erm, main
            characters.

            It might have just be shock because he was a non-family member, foreigner,
            guy to older woman, thing. Miki and Yuu certainly snogged up a storm.

            To bring it back on topic, how much insanity would it cause if they showed
            Fate and Nanoha chastely kiss each other for a good morning, or good night
            greeting, do we think?

            I'd expect all anime would be banned forever from TV or some silly thing.
            LOL

            To be fair to the (clearly insane) Nanoha x Yuuno folks, they weren't shown
            touching either.

            Being an anime producer, it is possible to have the best of both worlds.
            -_-;

            http://liveearth.msn.com
          • silvertenshi24687
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 13, 2007
              > While I agree with the above, I don't think we'll be getting any
              > clearer signs of their coupledom. My impression is that the
              producers
              > intentionally left out any obvious signs of a relationship, like
              > spoken declarations, actual physical touching, all in effort not to
              > offend any of shippers, (NanohaxYuuno, mostly it seems.) And to milk/
              > play the entire fanbase.

              Nanoha/Yuuno???? really??? well i've never see anything like that but
              of course that is just me, i have seen thou the way Nanoha and Fate
              look at each other and even if they are not a couple is SO cute to
              watch. ~////~

              I haven't watch that episode saddly but the screen snaps i saw told me
              everything i need to know hehehehehehe well im looking forward to it
              ^_^ oh and i wouldn't mind if Nanoha and Fate adopt a child <3
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 14, 2007
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com,
                "silvertenshi24687" <silvertenshi24687@...> wrote:

                > ^_^ oh and i wouldn't mind if Nanoha and Fate adopt a child <3

                All right, that begs the question - who *would* we mind seeing adopt
                a child (other than me, that is.)

                I think the least functional couple award has to go to Mylandah and
                Lahrri from Battle Atheletes. The thought of them raising a child
                simply scares me. lol

                Who else would be a *bad* choice?

                Register today for Yuricon's 2007 "Yurisai" Event!
                http://yc07.eventbrite.com
              • Ellen Kuhfeld
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 14, 2007
                  Utena and Anthy. Definitely.

                  [snip]

                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups .com,
                  "silvertenshi24687" <silvertenshi24687@ ...> wrote:

                  > ^_^ oh and i wouldn't mind if Nanoha and Fate adopt a child <3

                  All right, that begs the question - who *would* we mind seeing adopt
                  a child (other than me, that is.)

                  I think the least functional couple award has to go to Mylandah and
                  Lahrri from Battle Atheletes. The thought of them raising a child
                  simply scares me. lol

                  Who else would be a *bad* choice?

                  .

                • Chalcahuite
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 14, 2007
                    On Jul 14, 2007, at 12:37 PM, atheniag wrote:

                    > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com,
                    > "silvertenshi24687" <silvertenshi24687@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > ^_^ oh and i wouldn't mind if Nanoha and Fate adopt a child <3
                    > >

                    > All right, that begs the question - who *would* we mind seeing adopt
                    > a child (other than me, that is.)
                    >
                    > I think the least functional couple award has to go to Mylandah and
                    > Lahrri from Battle Atheletes. The thought of them raising a child
                    > simply scares me. lol
                    >
                    > Who else would be a *bad* choice?

                    Chikane and Himeko shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children, lest
                    the stoopid rub off on them.

                    -==-
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 14, 2007
                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

                      > On Jul 14, 2007, at 12:37 PM, atheniag wrote:
                      >
                      > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com,
                      > > "silvertenshi24687" <silvertenshi24687@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > ^_^ oh and i wouldn't mind if Nanoha and Fate adopt a child <3
                      > > >

                      > > All right, that begs the question - who *would* we mind seeing adopt
                      > > a child (other than me, that is.)
                      > >
                      > > I think the least functional couple award has to go to Mylandah and
                      > > Lahrri from Battle Atheletes. The thought of them raising a child
                      > > simply scares me. lol
                      > >
                      > > Who else would be a *bad* choice?
                      >
                      > Chikane and Himeko shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children, lest
                      > the stoopid rub off on them.

                      Wha??? why??? I see them rasing a child pretty fine and hey they're
                      not stoopid as you put it, yeah i love them XD
                    • Katie
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 14, 2007

                        Who else would be a *bad* choice?

                        On 7/14/07, Ellen Kuhfeld < ellen@...> wrote:

                        Utena and Anthy. Definitely.

                        [snip]

                        Or oh my, Shiori and Juri. Especially the movie versions.

                        Katie

                      • Eric
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 14, 2007
                          <silvertenshi24687@...> wrote:

                          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > On Jul 14, 2007, at 12:37 PM, atheniag wrote:
                          > >
                          > > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com,

                          > > > All right, that begs the question - who *would* we mind seeing
                          adopt
                          > > > a child (other than me, that is.)
                          > > >
                          > > > I think the least functional couple award has to go to Mylandah
                          and
                          > > > Lahrri from Battle Atheletes. The thought of them raising a
                          child
                          > > > simply scares me. lol
                          > > >
                          > > > Who else would be a *bad* choice?
                          > >
                          > > Chikane and Himeko shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children,
                          lest
                          > > the stoopid rub off on them.
                          > >

                          > Wha??? why??? I see them rasing a child pretty fine and hey they're
                          > not stoopid as you put it, yeah i love them XD

                          I would think the child of Alielle and Fatora from 'El Hazard'
                          would grow to be a nightmare--Pachy_boy
                        • Sean Gaffney
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 14, 2007
                            > > On Jul 14, 2007, at 12:37 PM, atheniag wrote:

                            > > > All right, that begs the question - who *would* we mind seeing adopt
                            > > > a child (other than me, that is.)

                            I think Haruka and Yukino would make great lesbian moms. Yukino does the
                            caregiving and discipline, and Haruka is just a giant ride. Oh, and destroys
                            any girls that come near her precious daughter.

                            "Um... your mother is looking at me oddly."
                            "She's always like that... Haruka-mama, this is my girlfriend, Ayukaw--"
                            "KILL FROGS." (twang) (thud)
                            "Dammit, mommy!"

                            --SG
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 14, 2007
                              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Sean Gaffney" <sean@...> wrote:

                              > I think Haruka and Yukino would make great lesbian moms. Yukino
                              does the
                              > caregiving and discipline, and Haruka is just a giant ride. Oh, and
                              destroys
                              > any girls that come near her precious daughter.
                              >
                              > "Um... your mother is looking at me oddly."
                              > "She's always like that... Haruka-mama, this is my girlfriend, Ayukaw--"
                              > "KILL FROGS." (twang) (thud)
                              > "Dammit, mommy!"
                              >
                              > --SG

                              LOL

                              And if we insited, for consistency sake, that Shizuru and Natsuki had
                              kids (this is me sighing) then the play dates would have to take place
                              in nuclear shelters or something. :-)

                              Speaking of play dates - if Kirika and Mirielle had a kid, and Madlax
                              and Rimelda had a kid, they could all play "good assassins and evil
                              conspiracies" together.