Re: [Marimite] Readings of character names?

  • kyouka_mitzrugi
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 4, 2007
      "Ma" of Shimako means "rub".
      "Shi-Ma" is a name of a Japanese old country.

      "Toudou" is a family name of the Japanese daimyo.
      Most family names of Marimite come from a daimyo and a noble person's
      name.
      For example,Ogasawara,Nijou,Shimadu,etc.
    • kyouka_mitzrugi
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 4, 2007
        Rosa Gigantia and Rosa Foetida

        Satou Sei

        Sa=Help
        Tou=Wisteria

        Sei=Holy

        Torii Eriko

        Tori=Bird
        I=Be

        E=Ford
        Ri=Profit
        Ko=Child

        Hasekura Rei

        Hase=Support
        Kura=Warehouse

        Rei=Order

        Shimazu Yoshino

        Shima=Island
        Zu=Port

        Yoshi=Reason
        No=Kanji nonsense only by a sound
      • kyouka_mitzrugi
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 4, 2007
          Rosa Chinensis

          Fukuzawa Yumi

          Fuku=Happyness
          Zawa=Swamp

          Yu=Support
          Mi=Snake

          Ogasawara Sachiko

          O=Small
          Gasa=Shade
          Wara=Field

          Sachi=Good omen
          Ko=Child

          Mizuno Youko

          Mizu=Water
          No=Field

          You=Cotton Rose
          Ko=Child
        • sevdarkseed
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 5, 2007
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mara_papimer"
            <in_the_name_of_union7@...> wrote:

            > Here:
            > http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/leonhelpedme/soukaXbaiken.jpg
            >
            > I commissioned a friend to draw this for me about five months ago. I
            > think she did very well, however the scanner has washed out the
            > colours she used for the skin and a few other things, this has made
            > the overall drawing paler. I will see if I can change that.

            I tried leveling out the image and it turned out a bit better.

            Here are the results:

            http://img454.imageshack.us/my.php?image=soukaxbaikenleveledzk1.jpg

            Hope that helps
          • mara_papimer
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 6, 2007
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "sevdarkseed" <grathkolb@...> wrote:

              > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mara_papimer"

              > I tried leveling out the image and it turned out a bit better.
              >
              > Here are the results:
              >
              > http://img454.imageshack.us/my.php?image=soukaxbaikenleveledzk1.jpg
              >
              > Hope that helps

              A kind and selfless thing to do.
              Thank you very much, it does look better although the main problem is
              that I have a poor scanner. I must send this to the artist and tell her.