Purely random ‘about to kiss’ picture I commissioned

  • mara_papimer
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 4, 2007
      Here:
      http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/leonhelpedme/soukaXbaiken.jpg

      I commissioned a friend to draw this for me about five months ago. I
      think she did very well, however the scanner has washed out the
      colours she used for the skin and a few other things, this has made
      the overall drawing paler. I will see if I can change that. But for
      now I hope you all enjoy this scan.

      For those of you who are not familiar with the characters:

      Left: Baiken form Guilty Gear.

      Right: Souka Tsukihime: A character that appears in only one sub-story
      in the fan-disc Kagetsu Tohya. She's a really obscure character. She
      is also my favourite character ever because her character design is
      pure genius.

      Please give Holly Richards the credit if you use this picture; her
      deviant art site is here: (http://tarento.deviantart.com/).
    • Paul Corrigan
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 4, 2007
        To all:

        Is there an easily available list of the meanings of the CHinese characters in the names of the
        Yamiyurikai?

        If not, can anybody tell me the significance of the characters in Shimako Todo's name?

        (Minor point in my fic which I've just now revived in earnest.)

        Paul Corrigan
        studio_poutine@...

        Get news delivered with the All new Yahoo! Mail. Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page. Start today at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 4, 2007
          >From: Paul Corrigan <studio_poutine@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Yuricon] [Marimite] Readings of character names?
          >Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:34:22 -0400 (EDT)
          >
          >To all:
          >
          > Is there an easily available list of the meanings of the CHinese
          >characters in the names of the
          >Yamiyurikai?
          >
          > If not, can anybody tell me the significance of the characters in
          >Shimako Todo's name?

          Tou=Wisteria
          Dou=Hall (as in a auditorium-type hall)

          Shi=Will;Motive
          Ma=True
          Ko=Child (a typical suffix for girl's names)

          "Toudou" and "Shimako" don't read as words other than as names.

          Hope that helps.

        • kyouka_mitzrugi
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 4, 2007
            "Ma" of Shimako means "rub".
            "Shi-Ma" is a name of a Japanese old country.

            "Toudou" is a family name of the Japanese daimyo.
            Most family names of Marimite come from a daimyo and a noble person's
            name.
            For example,Ogasawara,Nijou,Shimadu,etc.
          • kyouka_mitzrugi
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 4, 2007
              Rosa Gigantia and Rosa Foetida

              Satou Sei

              Sa=Help
              Tou=Wisteria

              Sei=Holy

              Torii Eriko

              Tori=Bird
              I=Be

              E=Ford
              Ri=Profit
              Ko=Child

              Hasekura Rei

              Hase=Support
              Kura=Warehouse

              Rei=Order

              Shimazu Yoshino

              Shima=Island
              Zu=Port

              Yoshi=Reason
              No=Kanji nonsense only by a sound
            • kyouka_mitzrugi
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 4, 2007
                Rosa Chinensis

                Fukuzawa Yumi

                Fuku=Happyness
                Zawa=Swamp

                Yu=Support
                Mi=Snake

                Ogasawara Sachiko

                O=Small
                Gasa=Shade
                Wara=Field

                Sachi=Good omen
                Ko=Child

                Mizuno Youko

                Mizu=Water
                No=Field

                You=Cotton Rose
                Ko=Child
              • sevdarkseed
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 5, 2007
                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mara_papimer"
                  <in_the_name_of_union7@...> wrote:

                  > Here:
                  > http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/leonhelpedme/soukaXbaiken.jpg
                  >
                  > I commissioned a friend to draw this for me about five months ago. I
                  > think she did very well, however the scanner has washed out the
                  > colours she used for the skin and a few other things, this has made
                  > the overall drawing paler. I will see if I can change that.

                  I tried leveling out the image and it turned out a bit better.

                  Here are the results:

                  http://img454.imageshack.us/my.php?image=soukaxbaikenleveledzk1.jpg

                  Hope that helps
                • mara_papimer
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 6, 2007
                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "sevdarkseed" <grathkolb@...> wrote:

                    > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mara_papimer"

                    > I tried leveling out the image and it turned out a bit better.
                    >
                    > Here are the results:
                    >
                    > http://img454.imageshack.us/my.php?image=soukaxbaikenleveledzk1.jpg
                    >
                    > Hope that helps

                    A kind and selfless thing to do.
                    Thank you very much, it does look better although the main problem is
                    that I have a poor scanner. I must send this to the artist and tell her.