Another license of note from AX

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
      ADV announced that they've picked up the license for Kyoshiro to Towa no
      Sora, notable for the Kaon x Himiko romance, and the inexplicably unsubbed
      Kaon x Himiko DVD special.

      IMHO, Kyoshiro was the least incomprehensible or unwatchable of the Kaishaku
      stories so far. Not good, by a long stretch, but not the worst, either.

      Live Hotmail.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
        Geneon announced that it's picked up Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and
        Nanoha As.

        No Marimite - and inside info seems to be leaning towards them
        dropping trying to get it.

        I wonder if Marimite will become another Rose of Versailles...

      • Adam Jones
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
          On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 20:19:05 -0000
          "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

          > I wonder if Marimite will become another Rose of Versailles...

          So long as it doesn't ever get a dubbed opening as creepy as the Lady
          Oscar song...

          (Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and stab my eyes out with a
          spoon in an attempt to forget that particular image. Make it stop!)
          .oO("You must have been watching Lady-Boy vids from Thailand." )
        • Me
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
            And, Funimation picked up, "Negima!?" which is more obvious in it's Yuri-ness between Konoka and Setsuna.... Ok... maybe I should say Fanservice Yuri-ness.... But still.... CUTENESS! (and some of those other characters.... hhhmmmm)
            Plus it contains a few creatures you can love to hate (frog-guy).

            Since Funimation did the original Negima, I'm somewhat assuming it will have the same VAs, too...

            Oh, yeah.... Hope to High Heaven that Geneon does NOT outsource "Nanoha" to Singapore or any other foreign studio.... But that's just me.... I'll still get it probably.... *L*

            Thespi

            The only reason that cats tolerate humans is that they haven't found a
            better slave race, YET.

            "Hey, who tidied the Brimstone?!" HELL, from "Summon the Keeper" by Tanya Huff

            Never miss an email again!
            Yahoo! Toolbar
          • W. Suika Roberts
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 2007
              On Jul 2, 2007, at 12:19 AM, atheniag wrote:
              > Geneon announced that it's picked up Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
              > and Nanoha As.

              But not StrikerS?

              Has it been licensed or is the lack of subs due to fandom drama?
              > No Marimite - and inside info seems to be leaning towards them
              > dropping trying to get it.
              > I wonder if Marimite will become another Rose of Versailles...

              Or it could just take them twenty years like Gundam . . . which would
              mean twenty more years of Marimite bits, so ^_^

              ja ne,
              Suika
              --
              sfr@...
              ``Literature is the lie that tells the truth . . . ''