Re: [Yuricon] Re: What will be the perfect yuri anime for you?

  • W. Suika Roberts
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 23, 2007
      On Jun 22, 2007, at 8:33 PM, getmiso wrote:
      [much snippage]
      > > > For me: Something honest, deep, that makes the characters
      > > relationship
      > > > develop slowly, with lods of tender moment as well as angush,
      > mmm a
      > > bit
      > > > of action and a happy ending ^_^
      Heh -- a bit of history can be interesting.

      _Fight! Iczer 1_ recently released on DVD, with subtitles this
      time. I've had a copy for a while, but I've been sorta scared to
      watch it, 'cause there's two versions I've seen -- the original 3-OVA
      format, and the reordered movie format. I watched the OVA version
      dubbed, and liked it anyway. Subtitled, even on my fourth-gen tape,
      it was so much better . . .
      Random genki schoolgirl gets drafted by alien to save the Earth from
      the alien's all-female creators . . . LFB service yuri, but I was
      very happy to see it in '92.
      The sequel series don't entirely suck, either. Entirely.

      the original _Dangaioh_ OVAs, mostly subtext, but . . . only
      available dubbed last I looked.

      The original _Bubblegum Crisis_ OVAs, particularly eps 3 and 5.

      None of them have very happy endings, and none of them (with the
      possible exception of Crisis) really qualify as good, let alone high
      art, but . . .

      > Hmm... I like an intense story line with equally intense characters.
      > Soft characters who are quiet and hold a lot emotion are good, and so
      > are the tomboyish loner types. I also like the crazy intense girls
      > who go all out on everything, but may not be able to express their
      > own feelings... In any case, I like action, but I would settle for a
      > good highschool, or college drama, provided the characters and story
      > are interesting. I would'nt mind a sex scene here and there, but I
      > prefer the more sentimental moments in shoujo-ai...

      _I_ want to see a long, drawn out series where the fact that the main
      character/protagonist is a lesbian is just sort of _there_, with no
      more, or less, attention paid to it than to way most anime characters
      are straight, and the rest of the series just runs its course around
      her.

      Like Simoun, perhaps, but without the Central Command that's got no
      clue and the weird harem aspects.

      Anyway,
      Suika
      --