Re: Strawberry Panic -- why the negative rap? WARNING: LONG!

  • Lori
    Message 1 of 27 , Jun 21, 2007
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:
      > One thing I think may be happening here is caused by the dearth of
      > main text yuri stories in anime, in general. Because there isn't the
      > volume of yuri main text stories, there's nothing to *directly*
      > compare, so we cling to the ones that are out there, and hold up as
      > paragons simply because there's nothing else.

      .....rest snipped

      Yes, that's it entirely. It was like a *ding ding ding ding!* Here it
      is finally! I would agree, there were lots of unnecessary plot
      convolutions that lead nowhere. I remember thinking "gee, this story
      could have easily been told in 13 episodes rather than 26" And
      the "rape" scenes were unnecessary imho. But it was like a feast to a
      happiness starved woman, regardless of whether the meat was overdone.

      Anyway, I apologize for bringing it up. It wasn't my intention to "beat
      a dead horse", but I wanted to know why some folks didn't like it. I
      JUST saw the anime recently so to me, it's brand new. As is this group.

      Lori (who is still hungering for more main text stories)