DotHack Fanfic? (possible spoilers)

  • Lori
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21, 2007
      Ok you writers! I really want an ending/continuation to the
      Tsukasa/Subaru story suggested in the anime. Can anyone point me to a
      good read? Or have any of you written a nice wrap up for it? Let me
      back up a bit.

      I just watched the entire series again after I purchased the licensed
      version a year or so ago. Seeing it in English is odd, but the story
      made a bit more sense this time. After seeing mentioned on Wiki that it
      could be interpreted as yuri, I watched with that in mind. Yes, yes, I
      see it now, although I hadn't picked that up the first time through
      when I saw it fansubbed.

      But now I want to see a nice, warm, fuzzy relationship between the two
      develop. And what happens to Tsukasa? Does the Bear character take her
      in as a foster parent?
    • Carrie Robertson

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 22, 2007
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Carrie Robertson <Carrie.Robertson@...>
          wrote:

          > Their story was continued tangentially in .hack//ZERO, but that was
          > discontinued after just one volume. Nevertheless, Tsukasa (Shouji
          An)
          > was indeed adopted by Bear and she and Subaru (Misono Mariko)
          remained
          > close. I agree, there's a real need for the "happily ever after"
          part
          > of their story. That last 30 seconds of .hack//SIGN is magical.

          I agree and thanks! I wasn't aware of .Hack//Zero. I will have to try
          to get a copy of it somewhere.
        • Carrie Robertson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 22, 2007
            It's in Japanese.  .hack//ZERO
            I wonder how much of the dramatic growth in recent years in the numbers of people studying Japanese is due to manga and anime.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 22, 2007
              wrote:

              > It's in Japanese. .hack//ZERO
              > <http://www.amazon.co.jp/hack-ZERO%E3%80%88Vol-1%E3%80%89%E3%83%95%E3%
              82%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88%E3%83%A0%E3%83%BB%E3%83%9A%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3-%
              E6%A8%AA%E6%89%8B-%E7%BE%8E%E6%99%BA%E5%AD%
              90/dp/4044199035/ref=sr_1_1/249-7821168-7241149?
              ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1182558983&sr=1-1>
              > I wonder how much of the dramatic growth in recent years in the
              numbers
              > of people studying Japanese is due to manga and anime.

              Thanks! I found it there too. However I have to get enough in the order
              to justify the $21 base shipping. Was hoping to find it in my local
              Japanese book store. Will probably check tomorrow.

              About studing Japanese... its sure gotten me started. I practice on our
              Japanese fellow at work *eg*
            • darksorceror383
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2 7:51 AM
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Lori" <meeze@...> wrote:

                > Ok you writers! I really want an ending/continuation to the
                > Tsukasa/Subaru story suggested in the anime. Can anyone point me
                to a
                > good read? Or have any of you written a nice wrap up for it? Let
                me
                > back up a bit.
                >
                > I just watched the entire series again after I purchased the
                licensed
                > version a year or so ago. Seeing it in English is odd, but the
                story
                > made a bit more sense this time. After seeing mentioned on Wiki
                that it
                > could be interpreted as yuri, I watched with that in mind. Yes,
                yes, I
                > see it now, although I hadn't picked that up the first time
                through
                > when I saw it fansubbed.
                >
                > But now I want to see a nice, warm, fuzzy relationship between the
                two
                > develop. And what happens to Tsukasa? Does the Bear character take
                her
                > in as a foster parent?

                I've read a couple, but very few of them were very long or possessed
                much depth to them at all. Head on over to www.shoujoai.com and
                browse through their fanfiction section. It's quite large and rather
                thorough as it covers many anime/video games that have just about
                any yuri interpretation to them. Especially when it comes to
                CardCaptor Sakura and Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon.