A belated introduction

  • apprenticecelt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2007

       I joined the group inJanuary, I haven't posted comments before, and I know this is a belatedintroduction. In the best possible phrase I can think of: I am de-lurking myself.:) As it goes I hope I am forgiven and not kicked to the yuri wayside.

        A little about me and how I got into the yuri world:

       A few years ago, about`05 after my second trip to Otakon, I ventured into the Yuri world unknowingly.I went on a fan fiction reading craze. I had to read fan fiction about Noir,someone else had to have seen Mireille and Kirika as a couple! Thus my gogglesearch for Noir fan fiction began, and behold I came across some really greatstories on bakablonde.com, shoujo-ai.com, and fanfiction.net. Like all thingsdesired the freakish need went on and grew from there. I had to read more ofthese wonderful yuri pairing stories. Fanfiction.net became my own littlereading playground. I went on to find other sites, like yuricon and I evenpopped by the booth at Otakon last year, just to say my little `thanks' Withoutpeople who write great stories I'd not have fan fiction to read. Sure there iscrap to wade through, the challenge is finding the good stuff.

      Now, I watch more Yuri in anime fansubs than ever before andread on the few fanfic stories that I know. My sense of adventure went to the wayside whenI started to download fansubs. LoL, a new hobby was born for me that also requiredtwo large hard drives. You all can laugh cuz it's darn silly. >.<

      I can say and mean this: fan fiction and Yuri have changed my life.

      Anyone know of an Anime Yuri, Shoujo-ai Anonymous group? - I think I need help.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2007
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "apprenticecelt" <apprenticecelt@...>
        wrote:

        > Anyone know of an Anime Yuri, Shoujo-ai Anonymous group? - I think I
        > need help.

        I think this *is* that group. Only we encourage you to indulge,
        rather than wean you away from it. :-)

        Welcome to the group!

        Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
        http://okazu.blogspot.com