Re: SCANS: Charm School

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2007
      Found myself sick in bed alone recently; nothing to do but pray for a
      quick death that would not come, spared only by neat delusions ("I
      know why cats knead you! They're pushing back in the dreams!").

      In the post-sickness (lucid but cannot walk straight yet) period, I
      found the time to re-read some old favourites.

      CHARM SCHOOL, by Elizabeth Watasin. Still *highly* recommended.

      Kisses XXOOXX
      Jen

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@...> wrote:

      > Oh, did I find a GOOD one. ^__^
      >
      > I grabbed the collected volume 1 of CHARM SCHOOL by Elizabeth
      Watasin. A fun, light-hearted romp of girly lovin' for all ages.

      > http://punistation.fuyucorp.biz/puni/Yuri/Charm/CHARM-001.jpg
      >
      > Starring a witch named Bunny (yeah, you read that right) and her
      romantic adventures. Bunny is currently gah-gah for her butch biker
      babe, a vampire mechanic named Dean... but along comes a mysterious
      faerie named "Fairer Than"... and this ain't no ordinary fairie. ^__^

      > http://punistation.fuyucorp.biz/puni/Yuri/Charm/
      >
      > Of course, half the book is devoted to Bunny figuring out just what
      exactly Fairer Than is... and once she does, Things kick into high gear.

      Me, I loved it. Great art, funny story with a hint of romantic angst.
      Thoroughly entertaining... and all the while staying PG-13. Yup, no
      nudity, just (non-gratuitous) kissing and loooooong, sultry stares.